Stay by my side

Cole

Tonight was the night of the Alpha Moon.

The Alpha moon only happens once every decade. It is when the full moon is out but it turns almost an orange- yellow color. An Alpha moon heightens the power of all Alphas and all senses are increased.

Tonight was that night.

"Baby?" Alex says to me snapping me out of my thoughts. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine babe"

"What's going on?" She says to me.

"Tonight is just a very important night"

"I know"

"Alex, as Alpha, I need you to stay with me tonight at all times. Or else I'll probably go bat shit crazy looking for you" I say almost in panic.

"O-Okay" she stutters.

"Don't be scared baby. Everything will be okay" I reassure her giving her a small peck on her forehead. I hear her let out a sigh and she gives me a hug. I hear my wolf purr and he really wants to talk to Alex again.

.

Luke
(Cole's wolf. In case you forgot)

Cole let me take control but stays in the back of my mind just to make sure nothing 'goes wrong'. As if anything could go wrong. I get to talk to mate!

Alex sees my eyes go to black and she buries her head into my chest in hailing my scent. 

"I missed you babe" I say to her.

"I missed you too Luke" she says and it makes me smile into my growl. She looks up at me and smiles. My name running off her tongue was like a symphony playing.

"Don't leave my side tonight, okay?" I tell her.

"I know"

"Good" I go back to hugging her. We stay like that for a few minutes until she backs away making me growl. I pull her back into my arms and she just laughs.

"You and Cole are very clingy" she muffles into my chest.

"Only for you"  I say to her and she holds me tighter. I hope she stays by my side, knowing what happens if she doesn't. I would go blood thirsty and kill anyone in the way of my mate. 

"Don't worry I'm not leaving" she says to me reassuringly. If it was possible I would hug her tighter. But if I did I would probably break her ribcage. "Why don't you talk to me more often?" My mate asks.

"I want to, always. Cole just likes to keep you to himself... Selfish bastard" She laughs at my comment and leans up to kiss me.

.

Alex

Before the moon came out, I was out watching the sunset before I hear my mate.

"ALEX!" I hear him yell. I quickly run back inside before I get him more angry.

"Yes Cole?" I ask him

"I told you not to leave my side!" I look up at him only to see his eyes are yellow

"I-I'm sorry Cole I forgot" I say and he pulls me in towards his chest. I try to pull away but he just squeezes me harder.

"Cole you're hurting me" I say but he doesn't loosen his grip. He looks down at me with his yellow eyes and stares at my face. He mutters a  quiet 'I won't let you go' while keeping his arms around me. His body was shaking and his breathing was heavy.

I had to snap him out of his trance. I bury my head into his neck and wrap my arms tighter around him. I look up at him only to meet his gaze again before I push my lips onto his soft ones. After a few seconds his grip loosens.

.

Cole

My vision went black after I couldn't find Alex. My vision comes back when I feel Alex's arms around my waist and her soft lips are brushed up against mine. I loosen my harsh grip on her and she lets out a sigh. She flops down onto the bed and brushes her hand up against her ribs.

"D-Did I hurt you?" I ask her a bit scared as to what she would say.

"A little. What happened? Your eyes went all yellow and you were yelling at me. I told you to let go but you didn't" she says and my heart instantly feels pain, I caused her pain.

"I'm so sorry Alex. I didn't know what I was doing"

"It's okay. My ribs just hurts a little that's all. It should stop in a few minutes" she says. How can she be so calm?

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure"

She gets off of the bed and kisses me again before sitting back down.

"We need to head over to the pack house." I say to her and she nods her head. No questions asked. Her dad was an alpha so she probably knows a little bit about that. The pack house is where everything takes place. Also a lot of wolves find their mates tonight but also the moon makes the alpha stronger than ever.

We head out of the house and shift to our wolves.

We make it just in time for the gathering. I look around to see that some of my warriors already found their mates. I send them a quick 'congratulations' before me and Alex shift back.

As if on que the moon came out of the clouds in all of its brightness and I could feel my skin heating up a bit from the radiation. Alex held onto my arm to let me know that she was there. I feel the powers radiate through my body as I look up to the sky. All eyes are on me as the pack members watch me switch to my wolf form.

.

Alex

Cole switches to his wolf form and he looks different. Bigger and more powerful would be an understatement to how he looks.

His wolf changes from a brown to almost a grey and his eyes turn yellow. His body is twice as large as it was when I first met him. He was incredible.

He walks up to me and rubs against me making me giggle. He may be ferocious and powerful but he's still a dork on the inside. But my dork so it's okay.

His body shifts to human form again and he looks at me with the same yellow eyes. I give him a searing kiss, but then pull away to realize that every pack member saw me giggling like a school girl. I blush in embarrassment, but then thy all cheer for Cole. He gives me a small hug but big enough for my feet to be off of the ground.

"Love you" I say to him.

"So did you enjoy the show?" He asks me making me laugh.

"Your wolf is very sexy" I say to him and he returns a laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes" He smirks down at me.

"Definitely"

--------------------------
Thank you for 17k reads.

Love you all- Emma

Ps. SCHOOL SUCKS