Friends? Epilogue

Added 11/4/16

I was inspired to write this particular scene from a writing prompt I saw on Pinterest. The scene started to remind me of 'Friends' about halfway through and so I decided to make it an epilogue. This will also be published in the 'Friends' book.

Enjoy~

"Link stop," Zelda scolded.

He didn't.

She smacked his wrist with her spatula. "Back off."

He smirked.

"Link, I swear to Din if you don't stop eating my cookie dough I'll-"

Link scooped one more spoonful out of the bowl and then ran away.

"You better run, you twit!" she screamed after him, then turned back to examine the cookies in the oven.

After a minute she heard soft footfalls, and she tightened her fingers around her cooking weapon, expecting Link to make another attempt.

It was only Hero, hobbling slowly as he came around the corner.

She let out a sigh as she shooed the old dog away. "No, no, I told you already, no animals in the kitchen."

Midna sat down at the counter and grinned at her. "I heard you screaming at Link, it was pretty funny."

"You'd scream too if your husband acted like a five-year-old," Zelda sighed.

Midna smiled. "I suppose I would..." she replied as she rolled her eyes. "Maybe cut him some slack.... How much did he eat anyways?"

"A whole batch!" she grumbled.

Midna laughed, her hand slapping the counter. "Oh Din, that's hilarious."

A smile cracked Zelda's angry face. "He's going to get sick."

"Am not," Link said from around the corner.

"I haven't forgiven you yet," Zelda said, lifting her chin. She couldn't help but wink at Midna, though.

"You can't stay angry at me for something like this."

"Your children will have no cookies when they come back from their trip; is that what you want?"

"Our kids having a sugar rush the moment they get back?"

"I don't see what's so wrong with them matching their father."

He stepped forwards and tucked his hands into the back pocket of her apron. "Very funny."

She snorted. "And very true," she said as she kissed him softly, then pushed him away. "Now go do something productive or I swear I will bite you."

"Is that a promise?"

Zelda shook her hand in defeat and pointed the spatula out of the kitchen. "Go," she repeated.

Midna was giggling.

She rolled her eyes and turned off the timer to take the cookies out of the oven. "Just you wait," she sighed.

"For what?"

"When you fall in love."

Midna shrugged. "Done that."

"Hero doesn't count," Zelda frowned.

"Not this time," she said as she cracked a smile.

"What? You never told me-"

"Because it's recent!" Midna burst.

"What??" Zelda exclaimed. "Who is he?"

"He's a wolf hybrid breeder... The son of the woman I got Hero from."

"Oh, when did you meet him?"

"Sometime last year when I was visiting Hero's daughter's new litter of adorable puppies." Midna smiled. "It's amazing that she looks so much like him," she said as she rubbed his ears.

Zelda smiled. Her friend looked happy; happier than she'd seen her in awhile. "Are you going out?"

Midna nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner??"

"I... I wanted to be sure first," she said, her dark skin blushing.

Zelda set the cookie dough aside and grabbed her in a hug. "Aww, my little Midna's in love!"

She laughed. "Yeah, who would have thought?" she said happily. "Also your husband is trying again."

"Link, my love..." Zelda started softly. "Get out!" she yelled. Turning to Midna she smirked slightly. "Excuse me for a moment." She turned the stove off with a click and stalked after him, dropping the spatula on the counter.

"Oooh, someone's in trouble," laughed Midna as Zelda disappeared down the hall.

"I told you... I warned you..." Zelda said as Link backed himself into the bend of the hall.

"Zelda, dear, I won't do it again," he promised. "...Today."

She rolled her eyes. "Alright, have it your way... but I'll smack you every time you try."

"Worth it."

She slammed her hand against the wall beside his head. "I'm freaking serious, make and eat your own cookie dough, understand? You free-loader," she said her voice mockingly severe.

He pressed his lips together to stop himself from bursting into laughter. "I understand."

"Alright then," she said as she leaned in and pushed him further into the corner, her lips to his.

His hands slid under her apron, and after a minute she moved her mouth to his neck.

He jumped as she bit him under his collar.

She stepped back. "That's the doorbell, go get your children," she said with a smirk as she walked back into the kitchen.

"Carry out your threat?" Midna chuckled.

Zelda snorted and turned the stove back on. "Wasn't a punishment, that's for sure," she said as she rolled her eyes. "So... tell me more about this guy of yours."