Chapter 52

"We've arrived, boss," she said to Dinah as she pulled into the private car park of the building that housed Cabello Industries. "I'll see you in a minute or two."

She didn't get a reply and as she looked at the screen, she realized Dinah was already gone; the signal lost as she dived into the underground vault. She swung into Camila's marked space to see Dinah's convertible parked in the space next to it.

"Time to put the mask on, Camz," she said as she turned off the engine, "you ready?"

"One second, babe," Camila said typing away on her tiny keyboard. "Right, that's me done."

"Shall we then?" she asked with a fraught smile.

"One thing first, love," Camila replied unbuckling her seat belt and leaning over towards her, puckering up her lips for a kiss.

"Not here, Camz. Rules, remember?" she replied with regret, reminding her of the convention that they had set themselves for acceptable behavior in her workplace.

"Well, I will hold you to that kiss, Lauren Jauregui," the girl said pouting and leaning back. "You owe me now..."

"...and I'll be happy to repay you, Camila Cabello," she told her smiling, "when we get home, that is."

"You're right, I know," she conceded sighing. "Now am I allowed to get out of the car myself today or do I have to wait for you?"

"Let's get back into the habit of doing things right, Miss Cabello," she said with a wink, opening her door and climbing out. Walking around the truck, she opened her door, but only after she'd checked their surroundings.

"Thank you," Camila said as Lauren helped her down, closing the door and locking the car behind them. "Shall we go run the gauntlet?"

"Absolutely," she said gesturing for her to continue. They walked over to the lifts and waited; watching the countdown intently as they waited for the doors to open. Minutes later, they had walked out onto the carpeted floor of Cabello Industries' reception, the empty darkness making it slightly eerie.

"Lauren, Camila, over here," they heard a voice call out. They both turned simultaneously to see Normani stood by the doorway to the offices, beckoning them over. "We're all in the conference room. Come on, Alejandro's waiting."

"When did all this happen, LT?" she asked as they made their way through the dimly lit corridors up to the conference room.

"About lunchtime today, Sarge," Normani said hurriedly as they dashed along. "That's when Mr. Cabello called me, anyway. It's been a bit frantic since then."

"I bet," Camila said with a laugh. "Papi's very much a 'now, now, now person', isn't he?"

"He is but then, he's not that much different from Dinah in that way, so I'm quite used to it."

"Are we going to be ok doing this so soon, Mani?" Camila asked, sounding a little worried for the first time today.

"It'll be a lot of work but I think we'll be ok, Mila. We have an excellent team backing us up, and as you know, Lauren here is a fine CPO."

"Told you, Miss Cabello," Lauren said opening the door to the conference room. "We'll have your security arranged ready for the day, trust me."

"You better believe it, Lauser," Dinah's voice rang out. Lauren grinned as they walked in. "Hey, Milam"

"Hi, DJ," Camila replied with a smile.

Dinah waved from her seat in the corner, a momentary flicker of interest appearing on her face as she watched them both walk in and sit down at the huge table.