PART 13, AUTHOR'S NOTE - 2/25/15, 3:37pm

In the three days since our arrival at the cottage, the snow got even deeper, then the weather got really cold, so the deep snow hasn't melted much at all. I have no idea how long we'll have to wait. For all I know, it may be a month or more before the snow melts enough for the roads to clear.

Which means that I have to prepare for the possibility that, even after our escape from the cop, I still might not make it out of these mountains alive.

And now that I know at least I'll be able to spend this time with Kyle, I'm certain of one thing: I have to finish my novel.

I know that maybe it's just a stupid zombie sex novel, but I want to accomplish at least this one achievement before I die, whenever that happens to be. I've put so much of myself into this book now that I couldn't bear it if I left it unfinished. It's become who I am. And pretty soon it may be all that's left of me.

I guess you're wondering how I've been posting these last three updates from the cottage. Well, I'm not. Kyle is posting them for me. Before we left the house, he found a mostly empty notepad for me to write in, and he packed it with the rest of our gear. But I can't hold a pencil any longer. In fact, I can't really walk around all that much any more. I've been spending most of my time in bed. So, instead of writing in the notepad myself, I've been dictating all of this to Kyle while he writes it down. He's promised to record what I say word for word, then walk back to the house and transcribe what I've dictated on Wattpad, using the computer in the room. He's promised to help me finish my book this way. He's truly amazing. He never complains about it all; he knows how important it is to me to upload the final parts. He's even been cooking all of our meals.

(Kyle, you better not cut any of this out. Remember, you promised to transcribe word for word. Use italics for emphasis here. Hahaha.)

He's smiling and nodding right now while he's writing down what I'm saying. I really love him.

He's gotten all of his strength back now, too. In fact, the second day we were here, he went out for a long time and came back tired and muddy. Without saying anything at all, he'd buried the cop's body. "We couldn't just leave it there," he'd told me. "Especially if I'll be going back into that room to post to Wattpad every few days." It must have been hard for him to do, and, honestly, I don't even really want to think about it. I'm just so glad he took care of it. Now, we can try to move on.

Otherwise, since then, when I haven't been dictating my Wattpad posts to Kyle, we've just been spending all of our time together. And, honestly, whatever happens, this time with him has been, somehow, the happiest of my life. It's just me and him. Nobody else. No one to tell us what we can and can't do. We can talk endlessly about whatever we want. We watch the snow fall, watch the wood stove fire burn, and spend an embarrassingly large amount of time just holding on to each other on the cottage bed.

It's heavenly. Despite my symptoms, honestly, it really is.

Still, nothing's going to stop me from taking time every day to finish my book. I've decided that. Kyle said he's ready to work on transcribing the book whenever I want.

So get ready for Part 13. It's coming really soon.