59~Broken Wolves

"Sorry, always sorry. What in the world can you buy with an apology?" 
― Marie Lu, The Young Elites

     I laid there for a good hour. Just staring, looking at nothing but Vincenzo. His face was contorted in pain as he slept. "Stupid alpha," I muttered softly, running my eyes along his features. "Not running when you first heard smoke." He shifted, whimpering in his sleep. 

    The paper was still clenched in my hand. The scent was of a young male rogue, fresh. I shifted uneasily. The doctor was supposed to bring her to a nice human home. How did a rogue get her? My teeth clenched. I didn't realize I was squeezing Vincenzo's hand. He grunted in his sleep, letting out a growl. He sat up, blinking at me. I bared my teeth at him, "What, have you never held hands with a girl before?" 

     "Yes, I have, you're just fucking squeezing the hate out of my hand." he rolled his eyes, pulling away. 

     I huffed, shoving the small paper into his hands. He growled at seeing the paper. His eyes frantically shifted colors, gold to black, gold to black. He growled loudly, enveloping my body into his. I widened my eyes when his warmth spread to me. This is what I wanted. "I just wanted a family." he whimpered into my hair, inhaling my scent. "Just wanted someone to love."

    "You had me, always me. You just didn't want me."

     He casted his brilliant eyes on me, pushing me away. "Two broken people don't make a whole, Ara!" he whispered, as if begging me to understand. 

     "Why did you get to sleep with countless, nameless girls, and I slept with 3 other guys and I'm suddenly a slut? I don't want to be known as the Alpha's Slut! I did things, Vincenzo. Bad things. I killed people! Humans! And still the pack whispers of the Alpha's Slut!" I'm screaming now. "I COULD'VE SAVED THE WORLD AND THEY WOULD STILL CALL ME THAT!"

      He turned away. "Because that is the world. You couldn't just resist, could you? You couldn't just say 'no'?"

    "I did it before I met you! You slept with all of those girls when you knew I existed! You can't love me! Not when you can't get past yourself!"

     "We're not in love!" he shouted, tugging at his soft hair. "We're in love with the game! We're infatuated with a cycle! This is toxic! I am toxic. You're toxic. We are fucking toxic!"

     "Then just let go." I breathed out. "Just let go of the past, let go of the pain, the heartbreak, the games, the lovers! Why can't you just let go!?"

     He sighed, pushed me against the wall. "Because to let go you must forgive, and I can't." Without warning he kissed me.

A/N: I'm back! After like a month :/ School has been screwing with me too. Homework is killer. My mom found out I haven't been turning in homework, and I have like 10 absences. I'm so screwed. Just wanted to get this out.

    OKAY BUT SHAWN'S NEW ALBUM! LORD TAKE ME NOW! The first time I listened to it, I was like, the hell is this? But then I kept looping it and just........ LOVE 

Hurricane Matthew is coming, and that mean no school for Thursday and Friday :D MORE WRITING COMING UP! I also fucking despise school, soooo