f o u r t e e n

Emilia

Emilia

Clueless was the word to describe my face when Elena slipped a diamond ring in my middle finger. First it was confusion but then confusion changed to clueless and clueless changed to realization.

Apparently, Stefan gave Elena a box full of jewelry that were made from Vervain. At first, I thought how do they make jewelry out of vervain, but then everybody knows I'd never get the answer.

The ring was silver and had a purple diamond in the middle. It was sparkly from the side and it was elegant. Definitely my type!

I wore the ring and went to school like nothing happened yesterday

I wore the ring and went to school like nothing happened yesterday. Yesterday. That was an unforgettable day for both me and the people who witnessed it. Also known as Damon.

Yesterday was not a mistake and I don't regret any second of it. I do feel guilty for ripping all the petals from the roses. But I do not regret a single word I said.

When I broke into the cemetery, I thought that there was a low chance of me getting caught. But I guess I was wrong; I'm always wrong.

Two deputies were standing in front of my locker when I first got there. It explains why everybody was staring at me when I first stepped foot inside the school.

"Emilia Gilbert, you are under arrest for trespassing into a private property."

Those were the exact words that came out of the deputies mouth. At first, I thought why would they arrest me when it was my first time. But realization hit me when I remembered that I have broken into a cemetery before; two times actually.

I remember Sheriff Forbes's exact words, they were; "First times a warning, second time is a lesson, and third and above is taking advantage. Remember that."

I huffed loudly as the police officer walked towards me and hand cuffed me from behind. He tugged on my arm as he pulled me towards the school exit.