60~The Art Of Letting Go

"I would never let anyone else borrow my heart if I know there's a chance in hell you might want it back." 

― November 9, Colleen Hoover 

    I pushed him away. He stepped back, eyes wild. He grabbed my body, pushing me onto the bed. He inhaled my scent deeply, eyes wild. "Araceli." he groaned. "Tell me you feel something for me. Tell me you can love me."

     I resisted the urge to snuggle deeper into this male's warmth. "Why? So you laugh at my feelings? Chide me for believing in something that won't happen?"

    "No," he croaked out, stroking my hair. "So I can let go." He traced my mark with a thoughtful frown. "When my wolf gave you this, I hated it."

     I winced.

      "I hated the sight of it. The underlying hint of my scent. I hated the way you looked at me. But most of all," he placed a kiss on my shoulder. "I hated the way I felt for you." 

     "I loved you." I choked out as he trailed kisses along my body, pressing my body into the mattress as he dominated me. 

     "Loved?"

     "Loved. I don't love you anymore, Vincenzo."

      He paused on my skin, "Could you love me? Because I can love you, Araceli. I can love you, I can protect you from death."

      I shuddered at the word. It only made me more aware of the fear I felt treading the packhouse when it was late. I wasn't afraid of the dark. That's what no one would understand. I was afraid of the beings that lived in the dark. There were things that stalked my every move at night. Monsters that made me wake up screaming. I pushed him away. "How long until you wake up from the mirage of your wolf? How long until you choke me for touching you again? HOW LONG?"

     He launched himself backwards, suddenly wary. "Fuck, Ara! I try with you! But when I do, you lash out! When I don't, I'm suddenly the bad guy!"

      "You want to let go, but then we begin to actually try, and letting go is too hard!" I snarled back. 

     "Fine! Then a trial period!"

      "You want to 'trial period' our fucking mate bond?!"

      "A week, Ara, just a week. If it doesn't work out you can leave. You can leave!"

      "Okay," I whispered.

~

    It was awkward, sharing a bed with him. He was sound asleep already, facing opposite me. My breathing was harsh. All I could feel was the frigid air. I whimpered out, burying my face into the pillow.

Do it, my wolf coaxed.

     I gently shook my mate. He blearily looked up, pushing me into his chest. "Go to sleep, little wolf."

    "No," I spat. "I want to have deep conversations into the night, about life, love, our future."

     "Ha, ha. Now close your damn eyes."

      "Would you have more kids?"

      He turned back away from me. "No, now go to sleep."

     "If you could have Alastor and Thea back in exchange for me, would you?"

      "Yes." he said shortly. His voice was half drunk with sleep. 

       "Me too. I would trade you for a bottle of whiskey."

       "You don't mean that."

       "Yes, Vincenzo, I do mean-"

       He growled, pushing his lips onto mine. He pulled away immediately after. "You don't need whiskey. You have me."

     "Do I? What if I don't want you anymore." I whispered to him.

      His ethereal gaze made me freeze, "If you didn't want me then you wouldn't be lying with me on my bed."

       "Do you love me?"

        "Go to sleep, Ara."

~

     He was gone when I woke up. Well, not really woke up. I hadn't slept. My eyes snapped to his form in the doorway to his bathroom. He was fully naked, with just a towel wrapped around his shoulders. I turned away. 

     He walked over to me, putting on the briefs in his hand. "Be ready for breakfast in five minutes, Ara." He walked closer, minty breath fanning my face. He swiped his thumb across the bags under my eyes. "Death won't find you, little wolf. Not before you burn it to ash."

A/N: WHAT EVEN IS THIS BOOK! I don't even know how to end this book that seems to be confusing everyone. So, solution?

I'll just read the whole book again. :)))))))))))))

VOTE! JUST OUT OF NOWHERE THE RANK DROPPED OFF THE BOARD LMAO