quatre ;

The potent stench of sweat and passion filled the large room as the ballerinas worked on a new and quite difficult routine. Of course, one of the only subjects Tyler thoroughly enjoyed was run by a massive ass.

"Again!" the guy bellowed when someone happened to be a second early or a second late. The whole class went over the 3 minute dance more than 20 times, barely being able to run through the whole thing once.

Tyler was bone tired. He could tell the rest of class was too-they weren't reluctant to roll their eyes and huff out exaggerated sighs and groans of discontentment. The boy knew that in order to stay on a teacher's good side, you needed to seems optimistic and resilient. That's why Tyler hadn't done anything but dancing as hard and best he could.

After the group finally finished the whole performance, the teacher finally introduced himself.

"Joshua, but call me Josh," he said abruptly after pausing the music. "Now, I'm splitting you into groups of two, so-" Josh was interrupted by the sound of the large door being heaved open, and a small girl with split-died hair and a bright, gapped tooth smile walked in. Her outfit consisted of a lilac purple wool sweater that wasn't quite long enough to cover her tanned stomach, with a chiffon-like pastel blue skirt that went down to her stocking-clad knees.

"Sorry I'm late. Got lost." she shrugged as she stuffed a wrinkled map of the campus into her small dance bag, while simultaneously taking off her flats and replacing them with fresh, crisp ballet slippers.

"Perfect," the instructor remarked sarcastically, "you and you. You're partners." the muscular male pointed first toward the pastel girl, then toward Tyler. The boy was dumbfounded. Would he have to teach this chick the whole dance? How was he going to do that in so little time?

As if reading his thoughts, Joshua spoke again, "Since you are obviously the overachiever and ass kisser of this class, it makes the most sense to pair you up with the slacker, right? Almost to balance each other out, y'know?"

Wow. Rude.

Tyler wanted to be mad at the teacher, but he couldn't help feeling just how accurate the description given to him really was. Of course the boy seeked to please most, if not all people he came in contact with. That was just his personality. Was it truly wrong to want to make others happy?

Of course it was when it became a constant scenario, which it had. Tyler knew that to endlessly put the feeling of others before his own was the farthest thing from healthy, but the boy just couldn't bring himself to just think about himself.

Thus, Tyler hesitantly made his way toward the girl with the spilt-dyed hair and waited until her slippers were tied.

"I'm sorry I embarrassed you. I'm such a clutz, I had my map upside-down trying to get here and then tripped up and down the stairs when I realized I was going in the wrong direction," the girl looked down, defeated. "God damnit I'm such an idiot."

Tyler was about to comfort the girl, before the teacher interrupted yet again.

"Jesus Christ, quit with the chit-chat and get to practicing. Names?" Joshua spoke in an annoyed tone. Tyler couldn't believe how incredibly mean this person was.

It didn't seem to affect the girl at all though, as she smoothly replied, "Melanie."

The skinny boy didn't know who he should be more surprised over; the insulting mentor or the fearless student.

He only realized how awkward he must've looked when the instructor cleared his throat intolerantly, implying for the other to give his name.

"Oh," the dancer twitched a bit out of embarrassment. "T-Tyler." he nodded slightly as he felt his ears start to burn intensely, which earned him a smart smirk from the man before him.