15

Eira got tired of dancing and she had spotted Elena in the crowd. "Hey, why don't you dance with Elena? I'm going to take a break," Eira spoke over the music playing.

Stefan's eyes searched the crowd until they landed on his girlfriend. Stefan nodded his head and warned,"Don't go too far."

"I'll be fine," Eira spoke as she left the dance floor. She watched Stefan and Elena dance for a moment and Stefan seemed fine, so Eira left the room, altogether and went to find a restroom.

It took her awhile to find one, but she freshened herself up and then went back into the party to find Stefan. She noticed people crowding around something and she went to check out what happened.

Eira saw Matt with a bloodied face and Elena was helping him. There was a tan-skinned guy with black hair and he seemed to be the one that had done that to Matt, although she wasn't sure why.

Eira left that situation and continued her search for Stefan. She passed Ms. Donovan who had blood smeared on her forehead and Eira started to worry about Stefan. She was worried he would smell the blood and he would lose control.

She exited the house and saw Stefan outside on the outskirts of the lawn. She walked to him and she called out his name,"Stefan."

Stefan turned around and held his hand out in front of him. His hand had blood on it and Stefan looked frightened and he was all jumpy.

"What happened, Stef?" Eira asked, cautiously.

Eira walked closer to him and Stefan spoke,"No. I could hurt you."

Eira kept walking,"You won't hurt me, Stefan. You promised."

Eira walked the rest of the way to him and she took his bloodied hand. "It's too much this time, Eira. I need blood," Stefan emphasized.

Eira just nodded, accepting the fact that she failed her brother in helping him with his control. Stefan shook his head suddenly,"I can't be here anymore. There's too many people here."

"Then, we'll be go home. Let's go," Eira held onto Stefan's bloody hand and led him away from the party.

Stefan had walked faster and now, Eira was being led by him. Everything was fine until a guy walked out from the side of his car and grabbed Eira's wrist. This caused Eira to be pulled back and her hand was pulled out of Stefan's grasp.

"Oh, I'm sorry," the man falsely stated, but kept a hold of her wrist.

Stefan became angry. "Let go of her," he demanded.

The man let go of her wrist and Stefan pulled Eira behind him. The man went and pushed Stefan, purposely,"I'm sorry about that too. All I can do is apologize. What's that about?"

"You don't want to do this," Stefan stated, darkly.

The man pretended to turn around but then he went to punch Stefan. Stefan grabbed the man's fist and started crushing his hand. The veins on Stefan's face appeared, revealing he was a vampire.

"What are you?" The man questioned, terrified.

"Stefan, stop," Eira grabbed onto Stefan's arm.

Stefan's vampire face went away and he let go of the man's hand. Stefan stepped closer to the guy and compelled him,"You didn't see anything and you'll remember nothing."

The man repeated it in monotone. Then Elena came out of the party and called, "Stefan."

Stefan quickly grabbed onto Eira and used his vampire speed to take the both of them home. When they stopped, they were outside the house. Eira followed Stefan to the inside of the house.

"Stefan...," Eira started but Stefan cut her off.

"I wanted to kill him. I wanted to drain every ounce of that man's blood," Stefan started. "I can't be around you, Eira."

"What, why? You won't hurt me, Stefan," Eira explained.

"It's not about that. Only when I'm around you, do I have control," Stefan said then sighed. "I need to learn control without you. On my own."

Eira sucked in a breath. He wanted her to stay away from him, stay away from her twin. But, then she exhaled because she wanted him to learn control when she wasn't around.

Eira came closer to Stefan and threw her arms around him in a hug,"I'll stay away. But, I'll still always be there for you, Stef. Whenever you need me."

"I know," Stefan wrapped his arms around her. But, then he pulled away and used his vampire speed to vanish from her sight. She was left to stand there, hoping Stefan could control his vampire thirst sooner rather than later so she could go back to sticking by his side like a twin does.

Author's Note: Once, again, I am sorry this short but I've kind of gotten into that lazy storm phase. Hurricane Matthew is here and I just feel like doing nothing. But, I will still update, I promise.