Oh Deer, a Full Moony

"You didn't need to come along," Remus said as he walked through the dark tunnel to the Shrieking Shack. "I'm sure there's a trillion other things you could be doing. Like your History of Magic homework, for one."

"Ehhh... I detest History, who gives a damn what some bloody old guys did a thousand years ago? It doesn't effect me..." James's wand tip illuminated his face as he rolled his eyes, "It's certainly not as important as keeping my mate company in the here and now." He nudged Remus, "Besides, when he left, Sirius said don't do anything I wouldn't do, yeah? Well, Sirius Black wouldn't have let you go out here by yourself, would he? So really, I'm just following Sirius's orders." James smiled.

Remus smiled, too, though sadly. "I miss him loads."

"So don't I."

"I hate that he's stuck there at that house. It makes me scared for him all of the time. The thought of them torturing him... it makes me sick. He's too good for that! You lot don't always see it like I do, but Sirius Black is one of the gentlest, most caring blokes in the world... And he's so bloody strong, dealing with his parents and everything... You saw how flippantly he talked about it in his letters? Yeah, just the cruciatus again, like it's bloody nothing. Merlin! If that were me, I'd have broken into a billion pieces. But Sirius is just so -- Sirius..."

"I know." James nodded, "I wouldn't do so well, either."

Remus sighed. "I reckon that's one of the reasons I like him so much. The way he can make even the most horrid times a bit better... He's always got some silver lining to bring about a laughing moment. He's always got just the right quip to say..." He shook his head.

James smirked. "You should've seen him at the Lestrange Manor with Frank Longbottom, the two of them blowing up the hallway... Goes charging into the room with Voldemort in it, screaming at the top of his lungs how bloody awesome the explosion was..." He laughed and shook his head, "If Sirius and his quips turn your buttons, you would've been keyed right up seeing it."

Remus laughed, smiling a bit more. "Oh Merlin, what in hell am I to do with him? Always in trouble, always charging right into it..."

"And always managing at getting back out of it, too," James said.

"Well, other than this time. With the expulsion." Remus frowned.

"He'll find a way," James answered confidently.

"I hope so. Hogwarts isn't the same without him."

"No, I agree, it isn't."

They'd reached the trap door of the Shrieking Shack and James watched as Remus unbolted it and pushed it open. He turned to James, "Well... well thanks for seeing me out here, I'll... I'll see you tomorrow..."

"Moony, what are you talking about? I said I was keeping you company, didn't I? I'm not leaving," James laughed, "Bloody hell, Sirius would have my head. Get in there, you daft wolf."

Remus stared at him, "But James -- what about -- when I change?"

"Mate. I'll change too."

"And if I attack you?"

"I'll stab you with my horns."

Remus laughed.

"Roast you like a bloody marshmallow over the fireplace!" James laughed at the image.

"Oh deer," said Rey, smirking.

"Bloody hell, was that a pun?" James grinned, "You've been 'round Padfoot too much!"