Chapter Forty-nine

"Just get information from him" I muttered to myself.

"Easy, I can do it. Just don't mess this up" I assured myself.

Right now I was standing by the mirror, trying to assure myself. More like trying to convince myself.

Giving one last glance at my reflection, I went to the dining room where Chantelle sat with a cheeky grin.

"Are you ok?" I asked looking worried at Chantelle's huge smile.

"I'm fine" Chantelle smiled even more.

I put my hand on her forehead. "Are you sick? Do you have a temperature?"

Chantelle slapped my hand away from her forehead.

"Duncan asked me on a date!" Chantelle burst out with excitement.

I cringed. This just makes it a lot more harder.

"When?" I asked not feeling the slightest bit happy.

"Tomorrow night'"

"Are you happy for me or what?" Chantelle asked noticing my non existent enthusiasm.

"Sure am" I said mastering a fake smile.

We made our way to the door about to leave but Xavier walked passed not stopping. The hug.

I coughed loudly which got Xavier's attention but not Chantelle's. I swear she's is death. Hug, I mouthed to Xavier.

"Are you gonna at least say bye to me?" Chantelle asked thankfully not seeing my communication with Xavier.

Xavier groaned and made his way to Chantelle. I quickly grabbed my phone and put it on camera mode taking a few pictures. Karma's a bitch.

Xavier slightly hugged Chantelle. I mean he held her shoulders. But that's better than nothing. Right?

Chantelle looked taken back at first before enveloping her arms around Xavier in a tight hug. And Xavier looked extremely uncomfortable

Xavier quickly let go quickly and strolled away looking around to see if anyone was looking. Whilst Chantelle looked stunned and lost for words.

"Well let's go" I said taking Chantelle's arm and dragging her to the car.

Well at least I had blackmail material.

××

It was last period and I still haven't organised anything with Duncan. I'm already failing. This was meant to be the easiest part of the plan. The harder part being getting information out of him.

"Class you are going to be doing the assignments in pairs, it's due next week" the teacher said.

The teacher had been explaining a project for the last entire period so I zoned out.

Everyone started talking amongst themselves discussing who to be partners with.

I always go by myself. Mainly because I always do all of the work and my partner does none of it.

"I guess we'll be partners then" Duncan said giving me a friendly smile and sitting down.

I was just about decline but I realised that it would be a great excuse for going to his house to get information out of him.

"Fine" I agreed giving him a fake smile.

As the bell rang I knew I needed to make the plans now. Or I'll just 

"So your house?" I asked.

"Sure, to do what?" Duncan asked making me want to slap myself. I don't know, how about we work on the project we were just assigned in pairs that's due next week and it was talked about for the whole period?

"The project" I said in a calm tone.

"Oh yeah right" he replied quickly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do you want to do it tonight?" I asked remembering their date tomorrow night.

"Let's do it tomorrow night" he replied casually.

Tomorrow night? Isn't that when he and Chantelle have a date? How could he forget? Something really weird is going on.

"I'm sorry. What?" I asked.

"Tomorrow night" he repeated loud and clearly.

"Oh I thought that you had a date?" I said crossing my arms.

Surprise flickered in his eyes and a flash of disappointment shone in his eyes before replacing it with his amused smirk.

"Oh yeah um how about we do it tonight" he replied.

"Sure" I said quietly my eyes searching him for any clues, definitely sketchy.

Can I but out now? Probably not.

**

We had arrived at Duncan's house. It was a modern two story house with no cars. I'm guessing his parents aren't home?

Duncan opened the front door and led me in. Everything was normal apart from having no pictures around the house.

"Where's your family pictures?" I asked looking around.

"My parents died in a car crash when I was young" he replied casually looking down. However I sensed no emotion. No sadness and no remorse.

"Oh" I muttered.

Seriously? Is this what Xavier wants to know? 

However I know I still need to explore the possibility of Duncan not being what he's told me.

××

We had finally hit the halfway mark for the project basically me tutoring Duncan and it was time to go. It was really weird because he had no pictures. Zero. Not even pictures when he was little. He had also been acting really weird. One time I caught him on my phone and he said that he had simply been looking up information when his laptop had been right in front of him.

I stood at the doorway feeling the cool breeze hit me.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow. And we'll finish the project on Thursday night" Duncan said too eager.

"Yeah" I replied a bit unsure.

I gave Duncan one last glance, checking to see if there was any unusual signs before leaving. I just hope that I'm not digging a bigger hole for myself.

××

Hey guys, I have bad news and more bad news I'll start with the more bad news.

So 'I'm back bitches' is unfortunately coming to an end. I'd say that there would be about 4 or 5 more chapters before I end this book.

Secondly because this book is coming to an end I am starting to update once every two weeks. I know some of you think that that's too far away and these are too short chapters but it's better than doing two more chapters and summing it up.

I will be updating in two weeks from now.
Remember to comment and vote
~ Ashley