Chapter 21

Faith's POV

December 25
5 days after death.

I watch cautiously as he stands on a small stool and puts the star on top of the Christmas tree. "There?" He asks out of breath. "Still slanted." I say. He let's out a breath and re-levels it. "Now?" He asks. I smile and nod. He finally gets down. I run over to him and wrap my arms around him. "You did a great job." I tell him. He chuckles and pecks my head.

"Okay you two. I got some hot chocolate and some of my famous soft chocolate chip cookies." I instantly let him go and run the the tray of freshly baked cookies that are now set on the table.

I hear him chuckle behind me. "Yah Faith, how dare you just leave Hoseok like that?" My mom asks. I take a bite of the cookie in my hand. "Hoseok knows when it comes to your pastries he's either gotta hold me down or follow along." I laugh as I sit on the couch. He looks at my mom. "Its true." He nods, followed by a smile. He sits right next to me, and right away wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I lean into him.

"Ah! Stay like that! Let me go get my Polaroid camera." I laugh and turn and look up at him. Ever since Hoseok and I got her that Polaroid camera she always takes pictures now, which I think is really cute. She runs back with her powder pink camera in hand.

"Okay. 1. 2.-" I stuff the cookie in Hoseok's mouth. The picture is taken, he looks at me with his mouth full. "Faith. Every time I take a picture of you two, you always do something." He chews up the cookie and chuckles. "You're a little jerk you know that?" He whispers. I smile and nod as he leans in. "This is such a cute picture." I hear my mom. The oven beeps. "I'm gonna go and check on the pie I'll be right back." She scurries off to the kitchen.

Both hands caress his face. "You have chocolate all over your mouth." I laugh. "Its your fault." He chuckles, wrapping his arms around me pulling me close to him. "Well then let me fix that." I whisper with a smirk on my lips.

I lean in and press the tip of my tongue against the little blotches if chocolate. Pressing my lips against his soft skin, cleaning the chocolate away. He turns his head and our lips meet. I smirk against his lips and kiss him back. He tasted like chocolate chip cookies, he smelt sweet. I hear my moms shoes clicking against the wood floors of her house. I slowly pull away savoring his sweet taste.

He presses his forehead against mine and kisses my nose.

"So the pies are done." My mom says. I turn and look at her. "That's great! I've been dying to try your pies." She smiles widely. "Your father always loved them." Leaves her lips. Both of our smiles slowly fading away. I feel Hoseok grab my hand. "Well then I'm sure I'll love them too." I smile, trying to lighten up the mood. She nods and grins. Just then we hear scratching against the wood. We brace ourselves when Oliver and Sunny run in.

They run right up to my mom. She loves them like they're her children. "Awe Olly and my little Sun shine." She bends down and starts petting them. They lick all the sugar off her face. Hoseok and I slowly get up and head up stares. Once we're up stairs I turn and smile at him. He nods and we talk into one of the rooms.

I walk around the bed and she looks up at me and yawns, indicating that we came at the right time. I pick her up and head down stairs. We rush down stairs. "Mom." I call. "Yes? Where'd you two go off too?" She asks, her voice becoming louder as she walks our way. "Merry Christmas mom. From Hoseok and I." I smile widely. Her eyes widen and they water quickly.

"Its so cute!" She walks up slowly. Oliver and Sunny slowly following behind. "It's a she." Hoseok adds. I hand her the puppy and she takes her gently from my hands. "I know you've been wanting one, since I can't always bring Oliver over. And I did remember you talking about wanting a husky puppy." I smile.