6

Five hours later and I'm done with all classes for the next four days. I'm driving back home for the weekend and I couldn't be happier. Time away from the Croakington house and Raven will do me some good. I take my time heading back to the house, taking the long route-walking around the library and the Edinburgh building. Making my normal ten to fifteen-minute walk; into a thirty-minute one. The reason I need time away from Raven is that when I tried to talk to her about the whole Natalie thing—she actually got upset with me. Saying she is allowed to have friends outside of me. I totally agree, but it just seemed off. Also, what was the need for her to get so defensive, I didn't attack her or anything.

"Hello?" I walked into the house and was welcomed by silence. "Hello, guys? Is anyone home?" No answer. I take that as my cue to quickly pack and leave before anyone decides to make a special appearance. I guess the guys need their space and having me here is making them slightly uncomfortable. Making my way to my room I stop on the second floor to see if Vincent is home.

Crap.

I don't know which room is his. There is nothing outside their doors to tell them apart. I play eeny, meeny, miny, moe. I pick the second door to my right. I knock twice, before entering. The room is empty, I try another one. Knocking twice I open one door and then another. Two more rooms on this floor and I don't think to knock on the next one, no one is home and now I am just curious to see what the other rooms look like. Each one is the same layout but has different decorations.

I open the next door and what I see cannot be unseen.

Darren is lying on his bed, masturbating. Oh, this can't be happening. This is definitely happening. I tear my eyes from his private part to his face. He looks just as embarrassed as me. He slowly reaches for one of his pillows covering himself. My hand tightens on the doorknob, this is what I get for not knocking and assuming everyone was gone. I see his mouth moving, but can't hear a word he is saying. My heart is pounding loudly in my ears. Quickly, I walk backward closing the door. I stand in front of his door shocked; I don't know what the hell to do. Mere seconds, later he opens his room door and looks shocked to see me still standing there. Hell, I would too.

He clears his throat.

"I am so sorry. I shouldn't hav-"

"Walked in without knocking?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Right. I should have knocked. I didn't think anyone was home."

"So, you go around walking in other people's rooms without their consent? Are you some kind of thief Charles?" he is teasing me.

"I'm not-I don't but..." I have nothing. I got caught doing something I wasn't supposed to.

"Charlotte Withers, how may I help you?" I am so happy he decides to change the topic. I was going to keep digging myself into a bigger hole if the conversation kept going. I didn't want him to go back and tell the guys I am some sort of peeping Tammy or something along those lines. Chase would have a field day with that one. "Charles?"

"Oh, right. I was actually looking for Vincent's room." I look up and down the hall. "I am not sure which one he is staying at. You guys don't have anything to tell your rooms apart and the inside of them are different, but none of you have photographs inside of them."

"You say it like we are in a hotel," he laughs. "Also, did you go snooping inside the rooms?" he reaches out and cups my face.

I tense up.

"Oh my fairy godmother, let go of my face." I want to cry. He smirks at me and his hands fall back to his sides. I push him with all my might. "Darren that is so disgusting of you. You were just in there, choking your chicken and then you put your hands on my face!" I screw up my face and make a run for it, upstairs to my bathroom. I hear Darren laughing saying something along the lines of that will teach me, going into people's rooms.