Chapter 21 - Guilt

Fragments

Chapter 21 - Guilt

..

Cold bit into my skin as my eyes fluttered, trying to see what the hell was so cold. My head felt as if it was pounding, as if someone was trying to crud it. I heard small complains making me frown a little. My arms were tied in front of me, which were hanging, but I couldn't really feel them. They were cold and slowly turning numb with the chilly air. Then I saw snow on the ground and I thought... it looked so pretty. I wanted to touch it.

"Fuck, will you stop moving?" a gruff voice asks, jerking me a little. What? I hadn't even noticed I was moving. Was I actually moving? "Mark, the fucker is waking up" the voice snarls.

"A little longer" Mark's familiar voice responds. The man makes a small sound of utter displeasure before my eyes flutter a little, my mind relaxing. I wasn't really asleep, but I wasn't completely awake. I was in a blissful numbness that didn't completely envelope me, though I was still... cold. A while later, I'm waking up to something pressing against my lips. Fingers were running through my hair, a low voice next to my ear and arms were wrapped around me, keeping me upright. I blink up, Mark looking down at me and I sigh a little, looking down at the cup in his hand, "Well come on, open your mouth or I'll shove it in" he states.

I open my nouth, which was hard because I couldn't feel the muscles much, and let the liquid in and drink as much as I can, my mouth suddenly dry. My stomach was grumbling in hunger but Mark simply puts the cup aside and lays me back down. I shiver a little, "Where..." I lick my dry lips, "are we?"

Mark casts me a look as he grabbed a long sleeve and approached me, raising one of my arms, making me realize I was naked from my chest up. Had I always been like this? No wonder I was cold. He slides it on me, none too gently. "A couple of my contacts saw your pack moving up. I believe they tracked the house by your call" my heart thuds in my chest. He grips my jaw hard and yanks my head to meet his gaze, "No matter. By the time they arrive, we will have been long gone." He takes a look around and I follow his gaze. There wasn't any more snow, but the air was chilly. "Our next destination is east. They will expect us to go west to avoid being tracked by Lakeview" his eyes lower to mine, "I am not afraid to kill to keep what is mine, little alpha. Whoever tries to take you from me will die..." he leans forward a little, "or you will die before they get a finger on you. I do not share, my little one. I keep."

Then I tilt my head, exposing my neck to a dose that warmed the cold around me and left me beautifully numb.

.

The next time I begin to gain conciousness, I could hear a few growls. They were ringing in my ears and it left an echo in my brain. Slowly, very slowly, I manage to hear whines, snarls, cracks. Everything was rushed and somehow, I only wanted to sink back under the dark.

And when it all goes silent, I find myself slumping back against what seemed the floor, only to be yanked up when arms gripped me upright, flinging me over what seemed a shoulder.

I exhale softly, hot air meeting my face. I open my eyes and confusion fills me at the darkness around. There was little light through small holes, which led me to believe there was a bag over my head. It was all so numb that I felt as if I was falling when I was straightened. Thankfully, something keeps me upright because I literally couldn't feel my legs. Hands yank at my wrists and I frown when I realize they had been tied. The same follows with my legs and then another set of arms yank me up. Had I always been tied? Its only after a while that the bag is yanked from my face and everything spins when light blinds me.

Slowly, my eyesight focuses and I meet Mark's face, his eyes on me as he gripped me tight against him. My ears were ringing and he gripped the back of my head, probably because my head would slump back if he didn't. He smiles at me, my ears ringing until it finally began to clear and I could hear my name- though Mark wasn't talking.