XXXI

Listen while you read:
Sigma - Coming Home

_________________________________

Lauren was fast asleep in the back seat while Dinah was now driving. The girls wanted to get to FoL as soon as possible to save Michael and get their hands on a cure. Normani sat in the passengers seat, holding Dinah's hand, asleep as well while Camila was sitting in the back with Lauren's head resting on her lap. Ally was in the middle as she ate a few of the snacks that were left.

"You want a granola bar, Dinah?" Ally asked.

"No thanks, Ally cat, I'm good for now." Dinah smiled. "But can you check where we are exactly?"

"Sure." Ally said grabbing the map from the armrest. She opened it up and looked thoroughly at it. "We're in Springfield Ohio." She squinted.

Dinah adjusted her rearview mirror to look at the short Texan sitting behind her, "Awesome. Only 45miles to go." She smiled.

"Do you think they'll make us wear uniforms?" Ally asked.

"I don't know. I hope not because that would suck. I am meant to express myself through my clothes, but I have been limited due to how much stuff there actually is."

"I hope it isn't like a pink or something."

"Do you think we'll still be as close as we are now?"

Ally stopped to think for a moment, "I honestly can't say. I mean we all argue, but I think we'll get over it. I just don't wanna lose any of you guys."

"It's just what Calum said is really sitting on my mind. If we go in arguing, that's what we'll be doing the whole time." The Californian sighed.

"We just have to remember what we went in there to do in the first place. We can't let our differences get in our way of getting Michael out and getting that cure and I'll do everything I can to keep us all together."

"Thanks, Ally. I just don't know what to expect when we get in there."

"Relax your mind and just focus on getting there. We can worry about all that stuff once we're inside."

Dinah let out a calm breath, "You're right. I just gotta stay calm."

If Dinah could, she would want to go alone as well. She understood where Lauren was coming from when she first suggested the idea, but it was best if they all went. That way if any of them were in trouble they could help one another out. But Dinah's main priority was that she didn't want her friends to get hurt.

She then heard a small groan from the back and seen Lauren sit up. The raven haired woman rubbed her eyes and sighed as she looked around.

"Where are we?" Lauren asked in a groggy tone.

"Harlan, Kentucky." Ally answered.

"Can we stop to eat something?" Lauren asked in a tired tone. Ally was quick to offer the green eyed woman a granola bar, "No, thanks. I feel like if I eat another one of those I'm gonna puke. I regret getting those."

"I don't." Ally said stuffing her face.

"DJ, can we please stop somewhere?"

"Sure, Lo, once I find some civilization because I need some sleep and this car needs gas." The Polynesian woman answered.

Lauren nodded and rested her head on a sleeping Camila's shoulder. Dinah glanced back and smiled to herself as she held Normani's hand once more. Her eyes focused on the road again and she went a bit faster because even she had to admit that the granola bars were making her sick as well. In the distance she could see the small horizon of a town she then stepped on the gas a bit more because she really was exhausted and just wanted to find a bed of sorts. In the corner of the small town was what looked like a gas station. Dinah quickly stopped there and got out of the car followed by Lauren and Ally.