Chapter 36: A Very Surprising Day

Chapter 36
A Very Surprising Day

I'm craving for his touch, for his presence, for his eyes to meet mine. I'm hungry for him and I can't do anything about it but to stare and wait for him impatiently. As the clock ticks, my heart beats faintly. There were days where I felt like I was going to day, and today it's in effect. My heart feels like it's burning, and not the good kind of burning. It pains me. Everything aches; my heart, my limbs, my head, my body. I want to wrap my arms around his waist, to make him feel secured and protected. I want to plant my lips on his forehead, on his nose, on both of his cheeks, beneath his ears, his neck, his collarbones, to his sinful lips.

I don't want to be depressed, but I can't help but feel so.

I need my mate back, like, right now.

My wolf Zane keeps howling, whimpering, crying, wishing his mate back.

After Marcus told me about his mate, I felt sorry for him, and I still am, but eventually he'd have a way to figure things out. Just like what Cloud has told me, Marcus needs to wait. But in my case, I cannot wait anymore. I've been waiting for my mate all my life, and I've let him slipped once, and I waited again – for a year to be exact – for me to see him again, and now this, Peitho and Dave went into the Spirit Realm and I don't know when they will come back into my arms. It could take days, months, years, centuries, and I cannot wait that long. I'm going to die. No kidding.

A tear escapes, running down my cheek and I immediately brush them away with my thumb as I sit cross-legged on my bed, staring blankly outside through the open windows. From where I am, I can see the Shamans training, wielding their staff, sparring. I want to go there, just to kill time, but my legs could not lift me up and my heart says to stay here inside my room and wait for my mate to come back.

Turning my attention on the wall that has nothing do with anything, I glare at it, and lay down on my bed, sprawled. I let out a sigh and stare at the ceiling, mind blank like a void. Running a hand across my chest where my heart lies, I can feel the beating of my heart, though it's faint, every beat screams my mate's name. I shut my eyes, ignoring everything, the hum of the wind, the beat of my heart, the chuckles of the Shamans just outside, the rustle of the trees as the wind brushes past them. I try to focus my attention on myself, on how I'm becoming more depressed and lonely, that I'm loosening weight, that I feel like I'm not myself anymore. I want to turn back time, to the past where I have first met Dave, though he didn't exactly meet me. If I could, I would totally do it, and what I would do is I'm going to walk up to him, introduce myself, tell him that I love him even though it's going to be weird for him. He, for sure, would think how weird I am.

I'm regretting the time that I have wasted, and I have wasted my time for nothing; for dealing with myself, grasping the fact that I have a male mate; for telling myself that this couldn't be possible as I had been interested with girls since I was born; for convincing myself that perhaps the Good Goddess was playing tricks on me, making me feel miserable. I have ruined myself, let go of my mate, and now it's happening again. Slowly I'm ruining myself, and my mate is slipping off of my grasp. I can't let that happen.

The lids of my eyes are closing on its own accord, and painfully I feel my conscious slipping away off me. In a matter of time, I know that I'd fall asleep. Perhaps it would be better for me to sleep the pain away; perhaps it would be best to go into Wonderland, that is, if it's full of wonders and it might help me cope up with the pain. But one thing is for sure; when I wake up, I know that I'm going to face reality again – my mate is not here, not in my arms, not around me, and I can't do anything about it, and I know it's going to be painful dealing with it.

My body feels heavy. The duvet draped around me just feels heaven. The breeze of the cool wind coming inside the room doesn't help at all. In fact, it makes me want to spend more time here in my room and just ignore everything and just sleep throughout the day.

When I open my eyes, I know that I'm back in reality. But the dream I had, I was in reality as well. I thought that I'd dream of something more... fun and less painful, but no, I dreamed of my mate, who's very far away with me. It's not a dream but a nightmare.

Pushing myself up, knowing that I cannot be this way again because Marcus would surely be pissed at me, I roll off the bed, swinging my feet to the ground and a sigh escapes my lips.

I crane my neck to the left and right, hearing the bone cracked and the tension lifts off my body. I stand up and head in front of the mirror, watching myself. The man in the mirror doesn't look like me at all. There are dark bags under my eyes, indicating the lack of sleep I had. My hair is sticking up everywhere, in every direction, probably from rolling and tossing around the bed all night.

Going inside the bathroom, I open the faucet and splash a cold water on my face, wanting to wake myself up. I open the mini cabinet that's glued on the wall in front of me, grabbing a toothpaste and a toothbrush. I brush my teeth rather harshly enough to draw blood and I spit it out, leaning down and opening the faucet to wash my mouth.

There's a bang on my door that makes me groan.

Marcus's voice rings in my ears, telling me to open the goddamn door for him. Splashing my face with a cold water once more, I head back inside my bedroom and swing the door open.

Giving him a deathly glare, Marcus looks like he has run a marathon; with his hair tousled, shirt crumpled, and his chest heaving up and down rapidly, you wouldn't think that he's a werewolf at all.

"What?" I ask him irritably.

For a couple of seconds, Marcus just looks at me. After a moment, he says, "He's back."

He's back. Those words ring in my ears, replaying in my head like a broken record. The beat of my heart becomes unbearable. Marcus breaks into a grin, satisfied with my reaction. I can't move, like my feet are glued on the ground. Marcus grabs my hand and forces me to move forward, and I'm glad that he did that, because I know that I'd be stuck inside my room.

He leads me to the living room, walking through a couple of hallways before reaching the living room of this big castle.

There my mate stands with his hands behind his back, and he's looking handsome as always. I suck in a breath as he turns around, meeting my eyes and I feel my world slowly fades, leaving him alone in my sight. My heart races, even goes faster when Dave – my mate, smiles at me, revealing how happy he is to see me and I feel like I'm going to die.

A tear slips my eye, and Zane whimpers inside my head.

Dave runs to me, opening his arms wide and I catch him with just enough force. My skin burns against his, and I feel like I'm catching on fire with the mixed emotions I'm feeling. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent and I sigh in contentment. Dave buries his face in my chest, sniffing and tearing up as he tightens his hold around me and I to him.

"I missed you, I missed you, I missed you," I chant in his ear. I can't believe that my mate is back, and he's in my arms right now. He missed me just as much as I missed him. He pushes me lightly and cups my face, using his thumb to brush the tear that ran across my cheek.

My mate smiles at me lovingly and I lean down to capture his lips with mine, and as usual and as always, as soon as my lips connect with his, I immediately feel breathless. He tastes still the same, and I'm craving for more so I deepen the kiss.

Our lips lock, and I trace the bottom of his lips with the tip of my tongue, asking for entrance and he lets me have access by opening his mouth, and I shove my tongue inside his mouth, tasting every inch and part of him. His fingers lock in my hair, gripping and tugging as he tilts his head to the side.

As we lose our breath, I pull away and rest my forehead against his. "I love you, Dave. So goddamn much." I say, shutting my eyes.

"I love you, too, my mate. So goddamn much." He chuckles, pecking me on the lips.