Two

A.N. Time for Ashley to see Frank again. I dreamt about Frank last night so it must have been a sign for me to update. So here you go.

May jump from one episode to another of Daredevil. It would make the story go faster.Plus more Frank.

Loving Someone by The 1975 is the song for Frank and Ashley

-------------------------

"So how exactly do you know him?" Foggy asked me. I made it to Matt's office in good time and met him, Foggy and Karen there. It was awkward between me and Foggy as he was pretty angry with me last time I saw him.

"We kinda dated for a while." I replied, leaning on Foggy's desk. I looked to the three of them to see their reactions. Foggy and Karen were surprised, but Matt seemed to already know.

"I did not see that coming." Foggy said.

"When was this?" Karen pushed for more information.

"Ages ago. About a year before he met his wife. I was at the bar drinking to an old friend who had moved on, so to speak, and he came and sat next to me. I don't know why but he intrigued me. The way he talked about the army and the jokes he said. I was into him." I started to explain the story of me and Frank. The group nodded along listening to me. As I explained more, memories with him came flooding back

***23rd May 2000***

I walked along the pavement and entered a bar, sitting on a bar stool. People recognised me but didn't talk to me. I had just found out that a good friend of mine, Jack Thompson, had succumbed to his illness and died early this morning. Work was slow today as we remembered our friend and ex-agent. I was to travel to England to see Peggy and Daniel. They were also his friends, plus it's a reason to see them.

The bartender gave me a beer and put it on my tab. Even if he did offer it to me for free. I slowly sipped the drink as I reminisced about Jack. He was a bit of a tool to begin with but he grew ever so surely. He drove me and Peggy insane, but he was still Jack.

I felt someone sit next to me but I didn't look at them. I just continued to drink my beer. A football game was on the TV so I watched a bit. Jack loved Football. His son, Robert, played it at school. He was pretty good.

"Something must have happened if you're in a bar like this." The man next to me finally spoke. I glanched at him then looked back at the TV. "Would have thought you'd like the bigger bars uptown." The bartender handed the man a beer and he sipped it. The man had a gravelly voice which was fitting for his face. He looked like he'd been in too many fights.

"Well you thought wrong." I answered. I didn't want to get into conversation right now. I was mourning a friend.

"Obviously." I silence fell upon us as we continued our drinks.

"At the beginning he seemed obnoxious. But he turned it around."

"So what is a girl like you doing in a place like this?" He asked.

"A friend died. Cancer." I replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that." He seemed to know that feeling. The feeling of losing someone you didn't expect to lose. "To your friend." He raised his glass.

"To Jack." I raised mine too. We clinked our glasses and continued to drink and talk.

"So what happened next?" Karen asked. All three of them looked to be listening intently. I've never told anyone this story before. Not even Tony. Only Laura knew he existed. She didn't know the whole story. Just that there was another guy after Howard and before Steve.