Monsters

Chapter 32: Illusion & Graduation

"Goodnight, Avery."

I flinched and grabbed his hand. This was not my time of dying. I still have missions to finish. I still have to fulfill my duty with my mother. My hand pried his fingers out of my hair as I turned around to look at him in disgust. My eyes held the same hatred for the first person I killed. I let out a nasty snarl as Abe's self filled my mind.

Go on, Ave. Set the illusion. She chanted in my mind. I stared into his cold, black eyes. My reflection could be seen in his eyes. Power surged through my body as Drew/Dexter's eyes started to flutter. His hand went limp as his whole body fell to the ground.

"I will be known as the Queen of Illusions." I grabbed his feet and walked backwards. He was a lot heavier than I thought he would be. I picked up his torso and threw him in the bed of the truck. "This ought to be good enough." A tarp went over his body and locked him in. I locked up the back and got into my car. My car really needed to be fixed and the first person that came to mind was Jacob. I sighed as I took off down the road. I kept my eye on Drew through the broken glass. My truck pulled into the reservation as I glanced around for Jacob. The vehicle came to a halt as I jumped out. I placed the tailgate down and glanced over the the hood of the truck.

"Avery, is that you?" I peeked around to see a shirtless Jacob walking towards me. I nodded and noticed the rest of the pack walking behind him. Jared's face lit up when his eyes connected with mine. I sent him a small smile as everyone surrounded my truck.

"What's under the tarp?" My eyes glanced at Embry as a sigh escaped from my mouth. "And what happened to you?"

"Well, ugh." I pointed towards the tarp as I slowly dragged it off of Drew's body. The boys looked at Drew who was still under the illusion. "This kinda happened."

"What did you do to Drew?" Sam stepped up and stared at me. He ordered the boys to take Drew out and carry him to Emily's place.

"Well, heck. If I knew we would be going to Emily's, I would've just went there." I mumbled as I crossed my arms across my chest. Sam rolled his eyes as Jared came up behind me.

"You're bleeding." I raised my eyebrows as I touched the throbbing area on my head. My hands were covered in my own blood. I sighed and stared back at Jared who was staring at me for answers. "Later. Right now, I need someone to fix my back window. Jacob stepped forward and took charge.

"That will be taken care of once you tell us what the hell happened." Jacob snapped.

They don't need to know. No one can know but us. Absinthe growled causing me to cringe.

But, shouldn't they know? Curiosity overwhelmed my body as I wondered why.

Avery, no one can know. Do you understand? I closed my mouth as I tried to figure out what I was going to say.

"Uh, you know, I don't know." I rocked back and forth on my toes. The lie came out horribly as I thought of a back up plan. "Actually, I think he just passed out from pushing himself to hard. You know, he has been training a lot lately." I smiled brightly to get them off my back. Sam narrowed his eyes but didn't push it. I sighed in relief and hopped in the car.

"I'm coming." Jared said as he got in next to me. I rolled down the window and yelled out.

"Black, can you fix my car?" I shouted with a sheepish grin. He rolled his eyes and waved me off.

"Yeah, yeah. No problem." I bid him a goodbye and pulled out of the long driveway. My head turned to the side while I still had my eyes on the road.

"There is a bonfire next week, you should come." Jared stated. I drew air down my throat as I thought about it.

"I don't know. I kinda want to find out what happened to my excuse of a mother." I said as Jared laughed. "And, I don't want to be a burden." The familiar driveway came into view when Jared kept persuading me to go to the bonfire. I groaned and gave in. "Fine, I will go. No promises that I will be listening." I turned the car off and got out. Jared scoffed but got over it.

"You might learn something." He mumbled as the pack ran out of the house to surround me.

"Let's get this guy out of here." Paul muttered as everyone went the bed and took him out. My phone buzzed in my pocket causing me to flinch. I pulled the phone to my ear and listened.

"Hey, you ready for graduation tomorrow?" I heard Bella's voice ringing through the speakers.

"Yeah, I am." I smiled and thought about graduating.

"Good, then I will see you tomorrow."

-
I sat in the front row as I listened to Jessica give her speech. People giggled and smiled while I sat dying for the end. My bottom was starting to go numb. I decided to keep myself occupied as I looked around the room. Drew wasn't here considering the fact that he was still out cold. Probably fighting off the demon inside him. I flinched out of my own world when I heard my name being called. My feet padded across the gym floor as I received my diploma. A smile stretched across my face.

"Yeah, that's my girlfriend." I heard shout from the back. I felt my face heat up as I was walking back to my seat. I growled lowly towards my sometimes annoying boyfriend. He sat down with a smile feeling satisfied with himself. I rolled my eyes and plopped down as the numbness returned to my bottom.

"Hey, are you going to the graduation party?" Bella whispered from behind me. I turned around completely and smiled. "Alice really wants you to go."

"Tell Alice that there is no party without me." I smirked as Bella nodded. I turned back around and cheered mentally when the ceremony was over. "It's time to party." I got up and walked around the crowd as they through their hat in the air. An arm wrapped around my waist. Jared placed his head on my shoulder and smiled.

"What's the plan for tonight?" He asked as he stood up straight. I turned and smiled. Today was a good day.

"I am going to the Cullen's house for the graduation." I kissed him on the cheek.

"You most certainly are not."

--
A/N

What's up, my peeps? I know, I know, I know. I haven't updated in forever. I have not motivation, at all. Literally. It took me two weeks to finally finish this chapter. I hope this chapter is alright. I know that it's not the greatest but, I wanted to get the graduation out of the way. :D Enjoy.

P.S. I am going to upload a playlist. It is going to be so long. I made a playlist in Spotify and it has a total of 60 songs. :>

~Katie