Chapter 21; Messed Up.

Chapter 21:

Reese sat agitated next to me in the taxi. My mind still confused about what's happening. Why were leaving. What happened?

Just moments ago we planned to stay for five days and all of a sudden boom. Here we are in an awkward silence. His fingers tapping his Kennedy in impatience. His hands kept on going through his hair. His eyes focused on one spot as if thinking.

"Okay, that is it! What the hell is up with you?" I questioned him. He turned to me before turning away.

"We have to leave." he said. Yes I know my father is here, but what more is there? What more is he hiding?

"Reese, you're not telling me something. Tell me exactly what's the matter. I know you're not only worried about my father, but you're worried about something else. Tell me." I said softly.

He turned to me and looked away. He opened his mouth but nothing was coming out. He looked out of words. He looked as if he were battling whatever was inside him.

"nothing." were his simple words. Did he not trust me? Or did he do something that he knows will hurt me?

"do you not trust me?" I asked. He kept quiet looking out his window.

He didn't reply.

He didn't even look at Me.

Makes me wonder if it was the right choice to give him a chance. To forgive him.

We reached the airport as reserved rushed out grabbing out bags from the taxi's trunk. He grabbed my hand dragging me to the terminal.

"Yes, hello, I booked a ticket under Gold." he said. The man looked at him.

"Yes , you did. I'm good to say you may board the plane." the man said.

"Thank you" Reese says as he left out bags and pulled me with him into the plane. The then found our seats and made me sit with him as he let out a great sigh of relief.

"Reese, please, tell me what's going on." I pleaded with him. I seriously hate being kept in the dark.

"Look, Colleen, all you have to know for now is, it's not safe. We have to keep look out. For all I know he's still looking for us." he said.

"But wouldn't he just kill me, since he has a strand of my hair with him?" I asked honestly.

"He won't do it. He's after something and he needs you to achieve it. I just can't seem to point out what it is he is looking for." he said confidently. I feel like a tool.

"Reese, you don't know! Don't think that he won't. He is a sick man after all! You told me he has a stand of hair of mine that he can kill me with anytime. We're you lying to me?" I asked him.

He stated at me in disbelief. "No, I wouldn't lie about something like that, why would you-" he cut himself short as if remembering something.

"Why would I what Reese? What is it you're not telling me?" I questioned him.

He shook his head as he turned to me, looking me in the eyes. His face turning serious. "Listen to me, and listen to me good Colleen. You absolutely CANNOT afford to doubt anything I say. No matter how much you hate me or can't believe me, don't doubt me just trust me. Understand?" he said.

I nodded simply. But deep down I know it can't be. I've lost my will to trust him. I don't know why, but I can't. He can hurt me anytime, he can do anything. I don't know if what he told me was the truth, or why we're leaving do dangerous. I honestly want to trust and to forgive him, but apart of male refuses to. And I don't know why.

"I understand." I lied. He nodded and looked away as he made a phone call. My mind began to drift away.

"excuse me." he excused himself. Soon he came back with a relieved face and  the flight began and we were off. All I seemed to think about was, why the hell all of this was happening.

The flight was 2 hours long and when we had finally reached I couldn't have been much happier. We got off and headed out of the airport. I guess I'm back. I'm home. Soon Reese grabbed my hand and walked in a total opposite direction.

"Reese, what are you-" he cut me off.

"keep your head low and keep close. He's right there." I turned slightly only to see the man I hated and still hate. Standing with a smirk.

My father.

*************************
Whoop whoop! Okay I know! Bloody CLIFFHANGER!!! And I am so sorry for all the spelling errors and grammar mistakes.

What do you think is gonna happen next?.

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-rama

Don't forget to check out my book 'To Be The Second.'

PS guys from now on I will update on Mondays and Fridays. 2 days in a week.