Chapter 4 : Mr. Fluffy is a Good Dog.

"And if my heart was a canvas, every square inch of it would be painted over with you."
- Lady Midnight, by Cassandra Clare.

Princess Adela stormed down the halls, and she wasn't sure what she'd do when she reached down there, but the one thing she knew was that it would be anything but pleasant with her father.

She reached there and the guards opened the large doors to the Throne room, and looking at her expression, they knew better than to stop her, and she stalked in. The King was sitting on his throne, the Queen beside him. They both looked at her, and raised their eyebrows.

She came to a stop in front of them, catching her breath.

"A letter?" She hissed, without bothering with formalities, "With my signatures?"

"Princess Adela." The King's voice was calm, "I knew you'd come to know about it."

"How can you do that?" Adela couldn't keep her voice down, "I didn't write that letter! I didn't sign it! You did, and it's a crime."

"I, Adela," The King said quietly, "am the King. And I would do whatever it takes for your betterment."

"Yes, well. Selling me to another Kingdom for the sake of a stupid alliance is of course my betterment!"

Thinking that she'd gone too far was far down on the list of her concerns, and the last thing Adela saw was the King's eyes, blazing with anger, before she stalked out of the room.

Dear Princess Adela.

I couldn't have been more honored to get a second chance. I hope to see you this evening at the Larcbost Palace so that we can get to know each other and solve the matters.

Yours Sincerely

Prince Sebastian Charles Avington VI

Adela snorted at the letter, and then threw it away angrily. She held her head in her hands and started to walk around her room.

"You were right, Edgar." She said quietly, "It hasn't ended yet."

"It's okay, Adela." He said, from where he was sitting on her bed, "It's not that big. Just, meet with the Prince, share some small talk, and then come back."

"I can't believe father did this to me." She sighed, and then sat on her bed opposite to Edgar, "I had no idea he wanted this alliance so bad that he'd go this far."

"He wants it, Adela. And he doesn't care if you're the first ever daughter in the Ashburnum line. He'd have it in any way he can." Edgar seemed sorry for something he wasn't even responsible for.

"I hate being a puppet in the middle of all of this politics. I hate it." She said, looking down.

"Are you kidding me?" Edgar snorted and she looked up at him, "This is Princess Adela Stubborn Ashburnum we're talking about. She can be anything but a puppet."