Chapter 25

Wyatt's POV

The next day, I threw myself into getting everything together with Davis' stepdad in case Rose didn't show up. Skyli kept to herself in the room but at least she was eating now. I didn't bother telling her my plan with threatening Rose. I didn't want to let her down if Rose fell through. Around noon, the doorbell rang. I practically ran to the door before throwing it open. Behind the door was Gracie and Rose.

"Dada!" Gracie said almost immediately. I could tell from her red, puffy eyes that she had been crying a lot. Gracie reached for me and I didn't hesitate to pull her into my embrace. I sighed as I felt my tears sting my eyes.

"Oh baby girl," I sighed as I kissed her head. I sighed, taking in the feeling of my little girl in my arms before I finally looked at Rose with a sniffle.

"I couldn't handle her. She just kept screaming for her mom and dad and that's when I realized she wasn't talking about me. Plus, I looked up the laws for the state, and Gracie would legally be yours. I haven't seen her in over a year. It wasn't right for me to pull her away from you guys like that, no matter how much I wanted to see her. I can tell you guys are great parents to Grace. You care for her deeply. You won't have to worry about me again," she promised before she left.

I wanted to tell her that she could still visit if she wanted to, but I think she was just too overwhelmed with being a parent to actually think of other solutions. Oh well, she wasn't my problem anymore. and we had our little girl back. Gracie snuggled into my chest as her small arms wrapped around my neck. I smiled lightly as I walked up the stairs with her nestled against me. I opened the door to our room and gently placed Gracie in the bed next to a sleeping Skyli.

"Momma," Gracie whined slightly as she moved closer to Skyli. Skyli was slow to wake up. She blinked and looked at Grace skeptically.

"Am I dreaming?" She asked softly. I took a squat beside the bed to meet her in the eye as I smiled and shook my head.

"Gracie's staying for good, Sky,"I assured her. She hugged Grace close to her body as she sniffled. Her sniffles turned into a full blown cry as Skyli clung to Grace tightly. I really hopped this would be the last time I ever made Skyli cry. Her tears hurt my heart.

~

Skyli's POV

Gracie was back, and things were slowly going back to normal. I was out of my depressed state and paying even more attention to that little girl if it was even possible. I wanted to cherish any and every moment I had with my little family. Davis came around to help us get back into the swing of things too. After a week, Grace was our happy, healthy little girl again. I was still hesitant because I didn't know what was said between Wyatt and Rose to make her give Grace back to us, but I still loved her with all my heart. And I loved Wyatt even more for fighting for us. He could've easily given up and fallen back into his bad habits, but he didn't. He chose to fight for our little family.

I cooked a big meal as we planned to have Davis, Mimi, and Marbles over for dinner. As far as Wyatt's family knew, Grace was ours, so we didn't tell them about Rose showing up, but we still wanted to celebrate with them and it was just in time for my birthday. Wyatt slipped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek gently.

"Happy birthday, Sky," he said softly. I turned away from the plates of food and wrapped my arms around his neck as I smiled at him.

"You and Gracie are the best thing that's ever happened to me," I said softly. "I couldn't ask for anything else," I added.

"How about making us an official family and sharing my last name," he said as he pulled a small velvet box from his pocket. He opened it to reveal an engagement ring. I stared at him in shock. When did he have time to get this?

"Are you proposing to me?" I asked still in denial. He chuckled.

"I've been wanting to do this for a while. Skyli, marry me," he replied. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly.

"I don't even know what to say," I breathed.

"Say yes," he joked. I pulled away before nodding furiously. He slipped the ring on me before kissing me gently.

"What's going on in here?" Davis asked as he came into the kitchen. Wyatt and I pulled away from each other to smile at Davis.

"Sky just agreed to marry me," Wyatt answered him.

"No way! Congratulations guys," Davis said excitedly. Word got around the house fast. By the time we started dinner, everyone was excitedly talking about wedding plans. Of course, we immediately made Mimi the maid of honor and Davis the best man. I had to admit, I was the most nervous about telling my mom. She'd been in and out, mostly out, over the last year with her boyfriend. I knew she didn't really care about me, but telling her that I would be getting married, was going to be a big deal. I would have to explain how we met, which ultimately meant that my mom would find out about Gracie as well. I knew she wouldn't accept me taking in a stranger's baby, so I would just have to convince her that Grace was biologically mine. And I might actually get away with it because my mom was almost never home to see me. Which meant I would also have to move the timeline between Wyatt and I.

No. I would just tell her the truth maybe... if she even asked.