16.0

"Here you go, enjoy your food."

The waitress places all the side dishes around the circular grill in the middle of the table, between Yoongi and I. A plate of raw and marinated beef is sitting on a plate, waiting to be grilled.

I give my debit card to the waitress, which she took with a smile. The waitress leaves while Yoongi and I look at each other. After a few seconds, he looks away, shaking his head.

"You didn't have to do this. I'll eat when i'm hungry."

"Please eat. You said it yourself that you skip meals so you can save up money."

"No." he says, sliding his plate away from him. "I'm not eating this no matter how appetizing it looks."

So he thinks it's appetizing but he's hesitating. Hm.

"Fine." I say, taking a piece of beef and putting it onto the grill. It made a sizzling sound, enough to make me gulp my own saliva. "Too bad, these look so so good."

I take my chopstick and start eating my rice, moaning in sarcasm with every bite. Yoongi watches me, crossing both of his arms.

I flip the beef back to reveal the cooked side of it. Seared and grilled marks made it look so appetizing, as well as the melted fat that covered the whole beef.

After a few moments, I take the beef with my chopstick, whiffing the smell. I look at Yoongi teasingly.

"Are you sure you're not hungry?" I ask. "What a shame."

Before I could bite into the beef, he stops me by holding my arm, making me smile in victory.

"Give me that." He says, taking the chopsticks out of my hands. He bites into it, grease smearing on the sides of his mouth.

"Is it good?" I ask, placing my elbow on the table as I rest my cheek against my palm.

He continues to eat, then places a few pieces of beef into the grill. "Let me cook the beef."

I smiled as I watched him. Why do I think that a boy who's doing nothing but grilling beef is pleasing to watch? I didn't know i'll be happy just by watching someone eat.

"What?" He catches my look while turning the beef on the other side. "Just eat the side dishes first, they'll be cooked in a minute."

"They better be good." I demanded with a genuine smile. "Since you volunteered to cook them for me."

"Psh." He snorts as he takes a leaf of lettuce from the basket. He places the beef inside together with various vegetables. He wraps it and makes it into a lettuce wrap, his fingers holding it as he gives it to me. "Eat."

I take the wrap and bite it in half. The juiciness of the beef slices through the freshness of the lettuce, a medley of flavors bursting into my mouth.

"Wow." I say as I chew. "This is good!"

"I know." He says while he makes one for himself. He eats it all in one go, his cheeks filled up like a hamster.

After a few more mouthfuls, I feel as if i have no more space in my tummy where I can squeeze in any more food. Yoongi seemed like he feels the same way, since he stopped cooking already. We both rest the back of our heads into our seats.

"Eunji." He suddenly says.

"Hm?" I peek through, patting my tummy gently.

"Why are you nice to me?" He asks.

I straightened my seat and look at him.

"I don't know. To be completely honest, I don't know why I am nice to you. Or why I want to be always right there for you. Or even just helping you with small things. Maybe it's just my nature, but I don't know. It's just me, there's no answer to 'why'."