Chapter 10

I can't believe it's already chapter 10.

"Evan" he exclaimed. His head was tilted downwards so he was looking up with his wide blue eyes. They had so much Innocence in them. So much purity, even though his leather pants weren't helping with the whole "innocent look". He was a bad boy on the outside, but it's just the looks. The Zac that I met at the clothing store was a complete angel. Aside from the fact that he pushed me against the shelves only five minutes after I entered.

I turned back around. I didn't want to talk to him. I knew this was a small town and all, but to be in the same class, in the same damn class and right in front of each other is just a cruel joke.

He poked me but it wasn't with his finger. It was something hard. A pen. I didn't turn around. Then the pen was floating right next to my ear.

I took it. I needed a pen.

He didn't get a chance to say anything else because it was time to start the process of learning and perceiving useless information to pass exams that are not, in any way, useful in practical life. Some people call it school.

The teacher was a man, Mr. Cliff. Late 30's. He was dressed casually and had a jacket on. I wished I put on a jacket. It was really cold for September.

This town's weather was like England's. It was cold in the midst of the summer and it keeps getting colder and colder. I didn't even wanna think about how would it be when winter arrived.

I was shivering slightly but it was good since it wasn't a noticeable shiver. Just one of those shivers where you're not cold but cold air seeps into your body from your neck.

Halfway through class, I stopped paying attention. History didn't interest me much. I was just doodling to stop thinking about stuff.

I adjusted the collar so it limits the cold air attacking it but it wasn't working. I felt something on my shoulder but I was sitting close to the teacher so he would see me if I turned around. I didn't want to be called out by a teacher first day and first class.

When Zac's hands were pulled away from my neck and shoulders, I realized he placed his scarf around it. I instinctively touched it and I be damned if I didn't say that my heart didn't skip a beat. My inner fanboy was squealing but on the outside I was calm. I smiled and took a breath. It smelled like his cologne. I'm not good at describing smells, but it was something musky.

A few moments later and a crumpled paper lands on my desk. I opened it and it said:

       Can we talk? Please?

I was weak. A part of me didn't want to respond. The other part screamed 'YES'.

         Yes,  my locker is 23B.

I crumpled it and handed it back from under my seat. Our hands slightly touched. His hand was warm against my cold one.

I didn't have to wait long for the paper to land again on my desk.

        Ok I have to talk to Mr.Cliff
        after class, wait for me there

I wrote that I'll wait for 5 minutes tops because I had to look for my second class. I was passing it to Zac when the teacher 'Ahem'ed.

I froze. What I feared was gonna happen.

"There's no texting in class Mr.Hyde. Put your phone away or I'll put it away myself." Mr Cliff warned. I sighed audibly. Crisis averted.

Zac didn't throw the note with his reply on because Mr Cliff was sneaking glances our way because of that Hyde kid. He handed me it. When our hands brushed, he held it. He held it and squeezed it a bit and rubbed it a little with his fingers so it warm up a little.

        I only need 2 mins
<><><><><><><>