Chapter 182 - Sleepover

I was sitting backstage at the show, when I heard Lin yell from his dressing room. I wasn't really aware of what he was saying, all I knew was that he was pissed off, I carefully walked towards his room, and cracked the door a bit.

"Dad? You okay?" I asked, nervously.

"I'm fine Mija, I'm just, I'm so-" he took a deep breath and clenched his fists, "angry." His voice was tense as he drew that word out. "I need a drink." He groaned, and pulled a beer out of his mini-fridge.

"Uh, do you, do you need me to help with something?" I asked, getting kinda uncomfortable.

"No, no of course not." He sighed, and motioned for me to come in, "come here." He opened his arms and wrapped me in a hug. "I love you." He sighed, "I'm just-" his voice became tense again, "I'm not upset with..." he let out a loud groan, and I detached myself from him. "I'm just pissed, I'm freaking pissed." He yelled, and I quickly left the room. I wrapped my arms around myself nervously as I went into the ensemble girls dressing room.

"Sasha?" I asked, wringing my hands nervously. "Can we talk for a minute?"

"Of course sweetheart." She smiled, abandoned taking off her makeup, and came over to me, "what's up?" She asked.

"Uh, can I, can I sleep at your house tonight?" I asked, " I'm sorry I just..." I trailed off.

"Of course, any reason?" She asked.

"No." I said quietly.

"Alright." She smiled, "go grab your bag, I wanna get home so I can sleep." She laughed, and gave me a little push on the back. I walked back up to Lins room, and carefully knocked.

"Dad?" I asked, my voice small, "can I come in?"

"Of course." I heard him reply, and I opened the door. "What's up Peanut?" He asked, still nursing his beer.

"Uh, can I spend the night at Sasha's apartment?" I asked, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Mmhm." He nodded, "just text me if you need anything, and I'll pick you up tomorrow." He smiled. "I love you." He wrapped me in a tight hug, and I smelt alcohol on his breath, his arms too tight around my shoulders. He kissed my forehead, and I squirmed away. "I'll miss you tonight." He smiled, and I grabbed my backpack.

"Love you too." I whispered, and closed the door behind me. I hurried back to the girls dressing room, and saw Sasha waiting for me.

"Hey Kiddo, you ready?" She asked, and I nodded, "we're sneaking out the back because I'm tired." She added, and took my hand, pulling me out behind her.

"Thanks." I smiled, wrapping my arms around myself.

"No problem, so, what's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing." I whispered.

"Yeah, something's up."

"Nothings up." I protested.

"Then why are you coming home with me?" She asked, "darling, it's okay, just tell me."

"Seriously, I'm fine." I laughed a bit, "really."

"Okay." She sighed, obviously not believing me.

•••

About an hour later we were on Sashas' couch, and it was clear I wasn't going to bed until I told her what had happened.

"Is something going on at home?" She asked, biting her lip.

"No, nothing's going on."