Chapter Seven

Seven

I was still in shock. I couldn't really comprehend what had just happened. The only thing running through my mind was Aunt May is dead, Aunt May is dead, Aunt May is dead.

     "Calypso?" Nash asked tentatively, looking at me with a concerned expression on his face.

     I faced him. "Yeah?" I answered quietly.

     "I'm sorry about what happened."

     I looked at my feet. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault."

     "If only I could've gotten to her in time," Nash murmured. "I could have teleported her away, and then she'd be safe."

     "Nash," I said. "It's not your fault."

     Nash looked up at me. "Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry about what happened. I know how you feel."

     "Thanks." I squeeze his hand that is intertwined with mine gently. I'm really curious about what happened to him, but I don't want to ask. It's his own personal life, and I have no right interfering.

      I looked around to see that we were in the forest near my house.

     "Where are we?" Nash asked, looking around. "I just teleported to the first place I could think of. I hope it's not far from your house."

     "It's not far," I assured him. "In fact, this is right beside my house."

     Nash's familiar smile appeared on his face. "Yes!"

     "Will Lilac and Ashton be okay?" I asked.

     Nash nodded. "They should be."

     "Should be, or will be?"

     Nash looked at me. "Calypso, I can't tell the future. I can only guess, and I guess that they will make it out."

     "Good," I said. "You, Lilac, and Ashton are the only friends I've ever had."

     Nash looked at me sadly. "I know how you feel."

     I nodded, and then turned around. "Come on. We need to get answers."

     Nash followed me out of the forest, and then we were on my front lawn. I approached the front door, preparing myself for Mom's reaction. It was going to be relieved at first, then demanding, then possibly angry.

     I knocked on the door, waiting for Mom to appear. It was also possible that Daniel or Evie would answer the door, but I hoped it was Mom. She was the one I needed answers from.

     The opened slowly, and Mom's head appeared. She spotted me, and her mouth fell open. Her eyes nearly bulged out of her head, and then she squealed and pulled me into a hug.

     "Callie!" she cried. "Where have you been?! I've been so worried about you!" She looked me in the eyes. "Don't you ever disappear on me again, do you hear me? Don't do it again." She spotted Nash, and looked at him, and then me. "Who's that? Is that your boyfriend?"

     "What? No!" I said.

     "Callie, who is this?" Mom demanded, pulling away and crossing her arms over her chest.

     "Hello," Nash said, sticking his hand out. Mom shook it timidly. "My name is Nash."

     "Hello Nash," Mom said, glancing at me. "How come I've never heard of you before?"

     "Probably because Calypso and I just met," Nash explained. Mom raised an eyebrow. She knew I never let anyone call my Calypso.

     "Where did you meet Callie?" Mom asked, putting emphasis on Callie to try and get Nash to understand that that's my name, that I don't go by Calypso.