Chapter Eleven

Eleven

I miraculously reached the front doors of the school. I threw open the doors, descended the stairs, and looked around.

     The school was placed in the middle of a forest. The leaves were gently swaying in the wind, and green was everywhere.

     I reached the bottom of the steps and gazed up at the school. I had never seen its exterior until now. It was huge. I hadn't realized it had so many floors. The school was made from gray bricks and... well, that was about it.

     I turned around, facing the forest, and then I realized I had no idea where I was. And I had no idea where Phoenix was, either.How was I going to manage to save Lilac and Dorian?

     I thought of the visions I had had. Maybe I could try to have a vision now...? Granted, they were in my dreams, but it couldn't hurt to try.

     I squeezed my eyes shut. Where am I? Where is Phoenix? Where is he keeping Lilac and Dorian?

There was a gray brick castle-like building. In front of it stood a blonde girl, her eyes squeezed tight. A name suddenly popped into her head.

     Hushwood Forest.

     Next, there was what looked like an old abandoned school. Inside stood the dangerous looking teenager, in front of a girl with brown hair. She had her eyes scrunched up, and she was looking away from the boy.

     Westwood Public School, located on Westwood Line.

My eyes snapped open. I was in Hushwood Forest, which was close to my old school, and Lilac was in Westwood Public School, which was a school that used to be very popular, and then something happened that force everyone to move. I'm not quite sure what it was, or why the school is still standing, but at least I knew where I am and where to go.

     I started walking straight. I was certain that this was the way I was supposed to go.

     Eventually, I emerged from the forest. Glancing around, I saw that I was by the lake. Okay, now I just needed to go south, and I knew from all those times I came down here to watch the sunset that I was facing west. I turned left and continued walking along the water's edge, making sure the waves didn't touch my shoes.

     After a while, I reached my old school. I realized that classes were going, since it was about one PM. I kept glancing at the windows, hoping someone didn't look out of them, spot me, and then tell a teacher. If that happened, I knew I would be asked questions, and who would believe me if I told them I joined a new school that trained people with powers?

     I passed the school with no one coming out of it and following me. I sighed in relief and then looked at the street name. Dovedale Road. I knew that the old school was on Westwood Line, which was close to Lockingwood Lane, which was close to Elm Street, which was close to Dovedale Road. Now I knew how to get to Lilac and Dorian.

     "Callie!" My heart sunk as I heard my name being called. "Wait!"

     I turned around slowly and came face to face with Evie, who was surprisingly alone. She brushed her hair out of her face and stared at me.

     "What?" I asked impatiently.

     "Where are you going?" she demanded, putting her hands on her hips. "You've been missing for, like, three weeks now, and suddenly, you're on the front lawn of the school. What's up with that?"

     "It's complicated," I said, turning around. I took a step forward.

     "Calypso!" she shrieked, and I stopped. She'd never used my full name before. "Listen to me!"