Twenty Four

Jeon Wonwoo had finally decided that he was happy.

He would walk into school with Mingyu each morning and talk about life and space and dogs hand in hand and then sit with his friends - it was still crazy to him that he had actual friends - and Wonwoo realised that he really did turn out to be a bag of luck to be as happy as he was.

The weather had lessened its heat a little just in time to go back to school, which Wonwoo was surprisingly not dreading as much as he always had, because his 'emo corner' on his own had been replaced with a cafeteria table with eleven amazing friends and one super amazing boyfriend. Although the stress of the final year at high school was still daunting as ever, Wonwoo didn't feel as scared of facing his future as he would have been if Lee Chan hadn't sat in his seat in chemistry class.

Things were definitely looking up, and Jinyoung, Youngjae and Jaebum had even passed him and Mingyu on the way home from school once and they had actually smiled.

"So, about futures, huh?" Mingyu spoke up one day, sitting opposite to him in the bubble tea café booth.

Wonwoo shrugged and took a sip from his peach boba. "Don't say the f-word."

"I didn't say the f-word, I said futu- oh, right, I get it." Mingyu laughed and rested his chin in his hands, stretching his long legs out underneath the table so the tips of his toes brushed Wonwoo's calves. "Are you still worried about it?"

"Yeah," Wonwoo replied, focusing his gaze on the jelly bubbles at the bottom of his plastic cup.

"Don't worry that much. Whatever you do, you'll do well in. You get good grades, right? And, plus, you'll have the helpful support of your knight in shining armour, a.k.a. me."

Wonwoo looked up from his drink to raise his eyebrows at the taller boy in front of him. "You're such a dork."

Folding his hands around his cup and ignoring Wonwoo's fond insult, Mingyu shot Wonwoo a grin. "Let's get out of here."

"But I can't be bothered to move."

"Let's go to the park, Wonwoo, come on."

"Mingyu, I'm too lazy."

"Get up, you ass, or I'll call BooSeokSoon and get them to drag you up."

"Alright, alright, I'm coming."

The walk to the park was a normal-ish one, with Wonwoo's hands interlocking with Mingyu's and swinging them together as they walked.

"About the f-word," said Mingyu, reaching out a hand to push open the gate, "are you really that nervous?"

Wonwoo shrugged with a sharp intake of breath. "Yes."

"It's not that scary, is it? I mean, you get to be independent and shit; that's pretty cool."

"That's the scary bit."

Mingyu's mouth stretched into a wide grin and he bumped his shoulder into Wonwoo's. "You got me, though, right? You won't be completely independent with my clingy ass around all the time."

Wonwoo couldn't help but smile at Mingyu. "Fair enough."

The park had transformed into Mingyu and Wonwoo's 'hot-spot' for meeting up and, in his extra stressed and somewhat emotional state at the mention of his future, Mingyu's hand pushing open the park gate made his heart speed up in his chest a little.

Mingyu seemed to notice Wonwoo's apprehension and looked at him with raised eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

Wonwoo let Mingyu lead him to the swings at they sat down next to eachother. "This park has a lot of memories, right?"

"Like the time you walked up on me crying like a pussy or the time that we were so extremely gay together for the first time-"

"Yeah, thanks for the elaboration, I really needed you to remind me and make me even more emotional."

"Damn, boy, you got savage."

"I learn from the best."

"Wow, thanks, I'm flattered-"

"I meant Seungkwan, not you."

Mingyu laughed, slapping Wonwoo's shoulder. "Anyway, if it wasn't for your mum sending you to that crusty ass poetry club then we'd never have even talked in the park in the first place. Props to your mum."

"And if it wasn't for Chan and Jeonghan then I wouldn't have even walked up to you crying in the first place."

"I might actually consider paying for Chan's dance scholarship, wow, we owe him everything."

"What about Jeonghan? Aren't you going to buy him something then?"

"Seungcheol can buy him shit.I'm broke. Or Jisoo can buy him shit. Or both."

Wonwoo laughed, and so did Mingyu, before a quiet fell over the two and they were sat sitting on the swings next to eachother. Looking up at Mingyu, Wonwoo felt a smile crossing his lips. Mingyu really was beautiful, with a bright smile that was especially aimed at Wonwoo and Wonwoo decided that he didn't need to worry about his life that much because his life was Mingyu and he was pretty sure that Mingyu wasn't going to go anywhere.

"Hey, to take your mind off all the stress, I thought of a cheesy pun for you," Mingyu spoke up.

Wonwoo raised his eyebrows. "How is that relevant?"

"It's related to that one really awkward conversation about music we had when we first started talking."

"Don't remind me about that-"

"So, you said you like rock music and I figured about why rock suits you so much."

Wonwoo braced himself for the worst possible pun. "And why is that?"

"Because you rock my head."

"I hate you."

Mingyu laughed while Wonwoo hid his face in his hands and shook his head, and it wasn't long before the complete cringiness of the pun combined with Mingyu's fucking angelic laughter got to him and he was laughing too.

"You don't hate me," Mingyu protested, "and that was a good pun."

"No," said Wonwoo, "and no."

"See, I knew you didn't hate me. You love me, right?"

Wonwoo found himself laughing again. "Of course I do, you cheesy dork."

"I love you too, you cheesy emo."

so guys i hate to break it to you and i hate to break it to myself even more but tHATS THE END!!!!

I haven't updated in so loNG FUCK and this chapter is shitty and cringey but iM SO EMO I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER WTF I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO END IT BUT HERE IT IS

thanks so much for reading this shitty overly fluffy fic wowowowww at the time im writing this it has 9.3k reads i am so happy wow thank you so much guys ily!!!1!

so ill be doing a q&a chapter next so ask any random questions about the fic or about me and ill answer them!! comment on this paragraph and ill answer them all i love you all so much and i love meanie and vote for seventeen and infinite in the mamas this year!!!

thanks for reading!!!