Chapter 15 - Don't Leave Me.

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
"Hae In." The voice that I feared hearing, the person that I didn't want to face. I stood up, and walked off. "Hae In." He ran after me. I ran, but he was too fast and before I knew it, I was wrapped in a backhug.

I choked out "Please let go." He said "No." I said "Please, Prince So...Please let me go..." as my tears began to fall. He said "Please don't let go...Please, Hae In, don't leave me..." I grabbed his hands and pulled them away. I said "You can't be like this...You're going to be married soon, you can't- You can't be seen with me."

He said "I canceled it. I canceled the engagement."

Wang So's POV
Just now...
"What do you mean you want to cancel the engagement?" I said "I'm sorry, King. I don't wish to marry Princess Yeon Hwa." The King said "Is that so? Queen Yoo said that the Princess expressed great interest in you. Yeon Hwa is a good girl, marrying her will do you good."

I said "King, I do not wish to marry someone whom I do not love. As well as a person who doesn't love me." The King said "Do you have a person in mind?" Hae In immediately came into my mind and I smiled. I said "Yes, King. I do have someone in mind. But, I am letting things go smoothly, rather than pushing her into engagement." He said "I respect your decision." I looked up at him and said "So...The engagement's canceled?" He nodded and said "Yes." I said "Thank you, King."

Now, just to find Hae In.

Back to the present...
"I canceled it. I canceled the engagement." I saw her freeze and stiffen. I turned her around so she was facing me and I saw all the tears that ran down her cheeks. My heart shattered. All these tears...Were all because of me. I made Hae In cry.

I cupped her face and said "Don't cry..." She hugged me tightly and sobbed. "I thought I was going to lose you..." I hugged her back and said "You will never lose me. I'm your man, remember?"

She nodded and said "Why...Did you cancel it? Princess Yeon Hwa...She's a nice person..." I smiled and just said "Because she's not you. She's not you, Hae In. You're my woman. And I'm your man. Nothing will change that fact."

Ha Eun's (Hae In) POV
I smiled and hugged him tighter. He said "Hae In, I'm sorry for the pain that this news caused you." I shook my head and said "I should've trusted you..." He pressed a gentle kiss onto my lips, which I returned promptly. Smiling, he pressed a kiss onto my forehead as he held me tightly in his arms. "This feels so right..." I nodded and suddenly...

"Where's the hairpin?" I said "Oh...I took it off before leaving my room." He said "Why?" I said "I was angry and heartbroken...Everything that reminded me of you was painful. And it made me cry even harder than I did." He said "I'm really sorry." I shook my head and said "Stop apologizing." He said "Promise that you won't leave me?" I nodded and said "I promise."

He confessed "Hae In...I'm starting to like this side of me." Instantly, I felt as if fireworks had exploded in my heart. I smiled happily and said "I'm happy to hear you say that. It's time you started to like yourself, you're an amazing person." He looked at me before asking "You think so?" I nodded and said "I know so."

He said "How about we have dinner?" I nodded and said "I'm actually very hungry." He pinched my nose lightly and we went to the hall. Soo Unnie was there, along with all the other Princes. I bowed and said "Good evening, Princes." Prince Eun and Prince Jung chorused "Hae In~" I sat down next to Prince So and Soo Unnie whispered into my ear "Is everything ok?"

I nodded and smiled before whispering back "He said that he canceled the engagement." Soo Unnie gave a look of shock and I nodded and the both of us burst out into giggles. Prince So wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close before whispering "What are you laughing about?" I shook my head and said "Nothing." Chae Ryung brought our food to us and I smiled before saying "Thank you, Chae Ryung ah~"

She smiled before leaving.

Wang So's POV
I always loved looking at Hae In interact with other people. She's always so gentle and friendly. We ate in silence and I constantly sneaked glances at her.

She caught one of my glance and blushed furiously, before smiling widely. The other Princes gradually left after finishing their food and I stayed with Hae In. As we were walking out of the hall, Hae In said "So, can we go look at the stars?" As she hugged my arm tightly. I smiled and said "Of course." And we went to the lake. We sat there silently, with her wrapped tightly in my arms and she sighed "They're so beautiful..."

I said "But you're much more beautiful than the stars." I saw her look down in embarrassment and smiled lightly. After a while, noticed that Hae In was very quiet and still and realized that the young lady had just fallen asleep on me. Not wanting to wake her, I lifted her up and slowly carried her back to her room.

Tucking her into bed, I brushed her hair away from her face and pressed a gentle kiss onto her forehead. I whispered "Goodnight Hae In...Sweet dreams." Before leaving. Going back to my room, I laid down on my bed and the drifted off to sleep, with Hae In in mind.