Year 6- Chapter 44 (Kane's POV)

I follow Felisha into her room, and watch as she carefully lays Amelia down in her crib.

"I'm so sorry," I say, letting my fingers run through my hair. "I honestly don't know what's up with her. She's never acted like this before." I take seat at the foot of Felisha's bed, and I let my fingers graze her toes.

"It's been this way since day one," She says, and I notice a sudden look of concern cover her features. "I don't think she enjoys sharing her cousin's attention," She says, and I realize what she really means by her statement. Andrea doesn't trust Felisha, more specifically, with me.

Felisha leans over the side of the bed, and grabs Amelia, while I go and stand near her Hoverdesk. "I understand," I say. "I don't agree with her execution, but I can see why she feels the way she does."

"Do you agree with her?" She asks quietly, and I watch as her expression changes from worry to sadness. "I mean, I betrayed you in a way no one else could. I took your hospitality and dragged it under the rug. I took your trust and stepped all over it in hopes of completing something that was just a fantasy. Nothing was set in stone, and I was willing to pay with your freedom." Tears form at the corners of her eyes, and her lip quivers.

"Felisha," I say softly, walking back over to her bed, taking a seat next to her. "I don't hold that against you. You have done so much since then, been through so much. I've seen you grow as a person. I've seen you struggle and I've seen you thrive. My only regret is not being able to help you get to your family."

Tears spill down Felisha's cheeks, and she begins to sob, breaking my heart. I lean forward and wrap my arms around her. I watch her quietly as she cries, feeling my heart shrink in my chest until it feels as if it isn't there anymore. Felisha looks up at me, and I hear her breath catch. My heart grows again in my chest, and my gaze slips down to her lips, then back up to her eyes. I feel my own breath speed up, and my heart pounds against my chest. Felisha blinks, and everything comes back into focus. I clear my throat, and quickly stand up, stepping away from the bed.

"I should... I have a meeting," I offer up lamely.

I walk out of the room, and rush to the front door making my way out into the hall.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but it needs to stop. 

I don't know what's wrong with me... I know that's a lie.