12. No Rest for the Wicked

He's going to kill me

If I had liked Eobard before, which I didn't, I sure as hell didn't now. No way was I going to let him kill Barry; that job was for Jay. Jay told me to make sure he stays alive until then, and I wasn't going to fail because of some guy that has had beef with Barry for God knows how long.

I push myself up off the wall, hearing voices from around the corner. It takes me a moment to really focus and realize that it's Cisco and Caitlin both; talking about what seemed to be Hartley. They said something about Barry as well, but at this point, I didn't care. Just before they meet me in the hall, I run the other way.

When I stopped, I thought about what Barry said. In the wall. What in the hell did that mean? How does he expect me to know where that was—

Wait a second. I remember Barry showing me something before in the wall; something to do with Eobard. He had told me that that was where he had hid away all of last year...well, I guess this year now. That must be what he's talking about.

I don't waste any more time as I run the other way now, making sure it was clear of Cisco and Caitlin before doing so. When I finally reached the place in the hall that I was sure contained the hidden lair, I stopped. I tried listening; I even pressed my ear up against the wall, but there was nothing. I knew this was the spot...why couldn't I hear anything?

My heart races in my chest as I think of what to do; was it worth going inside and risking my life and Barry's? Was it worth exposing my cover? I knew that I needed to keep Barry alive, and that's the only thing that motivated me towards the decision I made.

I take a step back before dashing forwards, phasing through the wall just like how Jay had taught me back on my Earth. As soon as I make it inside, it takes me a moment to readjust and figure out what was going on. Standing before me was a man that looked like Harrison Wells, and lying there on the floor handcuffed to a wheelchair was Barry, now wearing normal clothes.

Before I have time to act, Eobard is running towards me and grabbing my neck, pinning me against the wall. It takes me off guard for sure, but I wasn't phased by the action. I've been put into this position many times in my life; and most of the people that had done it to me aren't alive now to tell the story.

Eobard's eyes are wide, not with fear, but with confusion and panic. His nostrils flare, his hands cold, but I kept a straight face. Barry tells him to let me go, but of course he doesn't listen. I was barely listening either; I was too focused on not breaking my stare with him.

"And who in the hell are you?" he booms, fire in his eyes. I grin at his anger, finding satisfaction in it. I could tell that my smile only made him grow more agitated, but that only caused me to laugh.

He tightens his grip as I hold up my hands, hardly able to contain myself. "I'm sorry, you just look really funny when you're angry."

A low growl escapes his throat as he lifts his arm, it starting to buzz softly. I knew then what he had planned for me, but only he didn't know what I had planned for him. I make a tsk sound with my tongue before I raise my hand, using my powers against his. He doesn't say a word as his body goes flying into the opposite wall, his feet just barely off the ground...I didn't want him trying to run away.