Chapter Thirty One

The Icy Beta: Chapter Thirty One

“The weather looks great today. You know we could actually go out and cycle in this good weather.” I stared out of the window and looked back to the sleeping Brayden. Few days have past and Brayden did not have any signs of waking up. On the other hand, Chase had fully recovered from his injuries. I was glad. I had not tried contacting my wolf and I thought I should give it a shot.

‘Hello?’

No response.

‘Wolf?’

No response.

‘Beast?’

‘What do you want?’

‘Beast?!’

‘What kind of response is that?’ She sounded pretty irritated.

‘You are really the beast?’

‘Yes. But you can stop calling me ‘the beast’. I can be considered as a wolf now.’

‘But… how?’

‘After being marked, I could feel the love and emotions from my mate. That caused me to calm down. Previously, I was acting on my animal instinct to hunt and kill preys, and hence I wanted to dominate so to get control of everything. Now with the mark, I could think more rationally. I will not going on a rampage attacking people anymore. I have learnt how to accept and love.’

‘Does that mean you have accepted me as part of you?’ I asked hopefully.

‘… Get me a name. I don’t want to be known as ‘the beast’.’ Ah. She sure wad a strong-headed beast. She was feeling embarrassed to directly say that she had accepted me. Instead, she asked me to pick a name for her. She was cute in her own way.

‘Are you going to get me a name or not?’ She was irritated that I didn't respond or should I say she pretended to be irritated to hide her embarrassment.

‘Well… What name do you like? Valeria? Jade? Summer? Melissa? Hazel?’ I provided a list of names for her to pick the one she loved most.

‘Hazel.’ Honestly, I liked that name too.

‘So… You are not going to turn into a beast anymore?’ I asked.

‘No. If I’m too angry, I would probably only turned into a white wolf rather than the black beast. One difference between us and the others would be the eyes. For normal wolves, their eyes would turn black when they are angry. However, ours would become red instead. I have learnt to control and not act on instinct. I wouldn’t go around killing innocent people. However, as of our mate, you are not to keep him to yourself. I want to have some time to spend with his wolf.’ Hazel demanded and wasn't giving me any options. But I liked the way she mentioned ‘us’ and ‘our’. It was an indication that she had accepted me as part of her and her as part of me.

‘His wolf… Are you able to reach out to his wolf?’

‘His wolf is still very weak. However, he’s better than before already. When they had marked us, they took in some of our blood. Beasts are much stronger and heal faster than normal wolves. I can feel that his wolf is at the state of recovering. They would need a few more days or weeks to recover.’ That was really good news to me.

‘Thanks a lot, Hazel.’

‘You’re… Welcome.’ Hazal said awkwardly. She was probably feeling embarrassed. I could feel her fading off to the back of my mind.

I looked back to Brayden. I hoped that he was really going to wake up any time now. I just couldn’t wait any much longer. Waiting was a tough job. I had always been waiting for him. I couldn’t help but to complain to him.