20. Hassle

Waking up next to Warden was exactly what Drake had been dreaming about before his eyes slowly cracked open around six in the morning. His body was sore, but that was to be expected after he'd lost control. He lifted his arms above his head and felt his back muscles ache as they were pulled taut. He paused mid-stretch when he felt Warden move against him, then roll over and nuzzle into his chest. 

Fuck this chicken... He thought as he lowered his arms, using his right one to greedily wrap around Warden and pull him closer, away from Cerat's still-sleeping form. Is fucking adorable. 

A quiet groan left his lips as he fought to keep his hand from going any lower on Warden's smooth back. The guy just had to take his shirt off. Of course, he knew right away that he was in Warden's bed, and granted that he was in his apartment, too, he had every right to have his shirt off. 

"I'm really hungry..." 

Thankful for the distraction, for once, Drake slowly made his way out of the large bed. It took him a bit of extra effort, but he made it over to the other side where Cerat was sleepily sitting up, rubbing at his eyes. When he offered his wrist through, the vampire frowned and looked toward the kitchen briefly before turning back to him. 

"Spinach then?" Drake asked as he stood from the crouch he'd settled into. 

Cerat nodded and stood up after Drake, then followed him quietly from the room, neither of them wanting to wake Warden. There was plenty of spinach in the fridge and Drake and he didn't have to care about giving it to Cerat, since he wasn't the one who signed the contract to only feed him blood. Grinning at the council's stupid rules, he grabbed a full container and tossed it to Cerat. 

Cerat raised a brow at him as he took the container, then settled into one of the blankets he'd pushed into the corner of the living room with the rabbit on his lap. Turning his attention away from the guy, Drake noticed the ring tone for his phone going off in the kitchen somewhere. 

No idea where I actually put that darn thing. He thought as he followed the noise.  Instead of answering it when he found it on top of the microwave, as he didn't recognize the number, he let it go to voicemail, then picked it up once the message had been recorded. 

"Hello, Drake. This is Jonson, one of the council's clerks. I'm calling to ask you to inform Warden that we will be sending someone over to do a welfare check on the vampire this afternoon, as we have been unable to contact him."

The message ended abruptly after that and Drake rolled his eyes, tossing the thing back on the counter before sauntering into Warden's room. He noticed the guy's phone on the nightstand beside him and checked it for messages, but it wouldn't even turn on. 

Idiot let his phone die. 

"Hey chicken, time to get up and at em." Drake said in a sarcastic, sing-song voice. They were all surprisingly off for the day, except Warden might be called in, but still. Now's not the time to sleep in. 

He shook the guy's shoulder after he didn't respond for a moment. When he still got no response, he thought of two other ways he could wake him up. One would probably get him permanently kicked out, but solve his current horny yearning toward the guy, and the other would just likely get him smacked. 

Two, then. Damn. 

Reaching forward, he grabbed Warden's arm and yanked him abruptly out of bed and onto the floor. His wings were out and he was immediately smacking his back against the ceiling after one abrupt downward thrust. Oops. Forgot he sometimes freaked out when I do that. Even with that thought, Drake couldn't help but crack a mischievous smile as Warden dropped to the floor, groaning and rubbing the back of his head. He was also glaring up at him, but Drake knew that it had been worth it.