six

"i can't believe you," calum scoffs, his voice dripping with annoyance from through the phone.

"why not?" i ask, my fingernails tapping against my nice dark mahogany wooded desk.

"you fucking left mcdonald's to work for some snobby rich fellow? who the fuck am i suppose eat chicken nuggets with in the freezer room with now?" calum blabbers annoyedly.

"how about sophia-"

"oh fuck no."

"sophia isn't all that bad-"

"she won't eat a single fucking thing because of her strict ass diet." calum huffs, cutting my sentence off midway for the second time.

"well, tell her that a fry every now and then won't hurt." i say when i fail to come up with anything else to say.

"i told her that but when it failed to change her mind, i just sat on her and shoved a big mac into her house. long story short, she's debating on getting a restraining order against me." calum argues.

i snort, trying my hardest not to let loose a laugh. calum sounds genuinely miserable, i can tell that he's pouting.

i jolt slightly when my buzzer goes off and michael's voice talks to me through the speakers. "uh, be quiet for a second jason." michael whispers.

i purse my lips and my attention snaps to the speaker. "mr clifford?" i ask annoyedly.

"hey luke. get me a- not right now jason." michael cuts himself off and i hear a heated groan from jason in the background. "sorry about that lukey, do you mind making me an ice coffee?"

"right away daddy," i say, emphasizing the end to make sure jason can hear me clearly.

"thanks baby boy," michael replies smoothly before buzzing off.

"gotta blast calum, i'll call you back later." i say quickly to calum before hanging up and rushing into the break room.

i hear jason's breathy giggles as i pass michael's office and i try my best not to grimace. i hear the lightest banging and screeching of the desk as it moves across the ground. it takes all of my willpower not to turn around and demand to see what they're doing.

i walk into true break room and make the quickest ice coffee i've ever made in my life. i race back to michael's office but before i can even knock on the door, it opens quickly. i have to swiftly jump back to avoid being hit in the face by the door.

out comes jason, grinning mischievously. he catches my blue eyes and winks before skipping off. the pink and purple toned markings on his neck and collarbones are evident and i can't seem to take my gaze off of them.

i roll my eyes and walk into michael's office where he's buttoning his dress shirt back up. he coughs slightly and pushes his desk to straighten it up.

"your coffee," i say icily, placing the mug down.

"thanks luke," michael grins, his smile warm and cozy.

"whatever." i scoff, turning around to walk away.

"hey, what's up with the distance? why are you acting so cold?" michael questions as he turns to watch me leave.

"it's not like you would care, you have jason." i spit out angrily as i leave his room, slamming the door shut behind me.

a part of me is hoping that he gets up to follow me to try to comfort me and tell me that there's nothing going on between jason and him, but he doesn't make a show. he doesn't even buzz me from his speakers that are linked to my little office.

he doesn't even care.

-

so. don't kill me y'all.