Chapter 6: The Fitness Guru*

Max's POV:

"So I am guessing that you are a fitness guru?" Tanner asked and I laughed.

"Sort of," I said before a man walked up to me. He was wearing an extremely expensive suit. I have a feeling that my car is the same price and that is saying something.

"Maxine Evans?" he asked, "Greg Brier, head of the Fitness Daily magazine. I talked to Tom and I want you to be the cover of our new issue."

"Really? Fitness Daily? That is my favorite magazine," I exclaimed.

"So does that mean that you agree to doing it?" Greg asked with a smile.

"Of course and call me Max, Mr. Brier," I said.

"Splendid! Here is my card and can you make it tomorrow? I know this is a little short notice, but we couldn't reach you any earlier," Greg asked.

"Tomorrow sounds good, can I bring my friend?" I asked.

"Yes, just tell your name to the security guard and he will let you in," Greg said before walking off.

"Wow Max," Tanner said, "Being offered to be on the cover of Fitness Daily is huge."

"I know right! I just don't know why he wants me. I am not famous or anything," I said shyly.

"Well let's see, you are a fitness person, you are pretty, and you have a fitness body. Three requirements needed in a Fitness Daily cover model. I guess being famous is a plus," Tanner explained and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I know, but why me? There are so many other girls out there," I said.

"Well I am guessing that you just stand out from those other girls," Tanner said and I nodded. I guess he had a point.

"But seriously Tanner, no one likes a know it all," I mocked.

"I should be saying that to you Miss I have a degree in fitness and business in only four years," Tanner said and I laughed.

"I am guessing Tom told you?" I asked chuckling.

"He likes to brag about you, let's say that," Tanner said.

"So do you actually workout here?" I asked.

"Yeah, me working here means that I don't have to pay the monthly membership fee," Tanner said.

"Mine is free," I added.

"Of course it is," Tanner said rolling his eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked defensively.

"Well Tom is your uncle after all," Tanner said, "Family discounts. Especially when you are related to the owner."

***

"Max!" Mom shouted and I walked downstairs and saw her on the phone.

"Yep Mom?" I asked.

"Fitness Daily Magazine wants to talk to you," Mom said handing me the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Max, I am here to give you the details on the photo shoot," Greg said.

"Oh how did you get the house phone?" I asked.

"I asked Tom," Greg said.

"Why didn't you call my phone then?" I asked.

"Well this was what Tom gave me," Greg said.

"Well I can give you my phone number," I said.

"That would be great," Greg said and I gave him my phone number, "So the photo shoot will be taking place at Central Park. We are reserving an area of the park for the photo shoot. I need you to be there at 10 o'clock."