Chapter 28 - Blessings

When this summer started, when Charlie told me he was going to work at the retreat centre as well, I definitely never pictured that a day like this would come. I mean, me, having lunch with Liv and Charlie is totally normal but when you add to that mix Harry Styles and Niall Horan… well, it’s a bit bizarre, don’t you think? But that doesn’t mean it’s boring. Hell it isn't.

Believe me, I tried to stop this day, I fought really hard, but Niall kept nagging that he wanted to meet my friends, Charlie and Liv wanted to be ‘properly introduced’ and Harry just didn’t want to be left out. I had three sides pushing me to agree on this, so I finally did and here we are, the five of us having lunch together where we always have, away from everyone else, near the stables

Contrary to my thoughts and expectations, this isn’t as disastrous as I thought it would be. Harry gets along with Charlie immediately, they just click and I think it’s because of Harry Potter. Plus, Harry is really charming in general, so he got Liv’s approval immediately. Niall did the same, although he got the warning looks the moment I arrived to where Liv and Charlie were waiting for us. But once all the tension was gone we started to have a great time.

By now I’m completely relaxed, having a nice and fun lunch with my friends and my boyfriend. How weird is that? Who would’ve thought I was going to end up getting a boyfriend, a celebrity boyfriend, this summer? Things happen and we can’t control them, even if we think we can.

“You look happy,” Niall says by my side, his arm sneaking around my waist.

He’s really affectionate and he’s always hugging me or taking my hand. I assume it’s because even if it’s summer and he’s on a break, we don’t get to spend much time together, so when we do, he makes it count.

“I am happy,” I reply with an honest smile, leaning a bit on him as Liv, Harry and Charlie are immersed in a discussion about how it is a must we get our series of The Marauders. I totally agree, by the way. JK promised that, we’re still waiting. “This summer is nothing like I thought it was gonna be, it’s been actually better. Surprisingly better.”

“I take full credit, thank you so much,” he jokes and I laugh out loud.

“Narcissist bastard,” I insult him, not really meaning it, of course. And he knows.

“Aw, c’mon, accept that I’ve helped to make you happy this summer,” Niall insists, hugging me tightly and I fight him. “Accept it!”

“Never!” I keep fighting but he doesn’t give up. “No, no, no!” I shout although it’s absolutely true that he’s helped a lot to make me happy this summer. He’s just one of my blessings and I make sure to remind myself every day that I have amazing things in my life.

“Hey, love birds!” Charlie throws some grapes at us which we brought for dessert, causing Niall and I to stop struggling. “Harry proposed that we watch A Very Potter Musical, all together tonight. You’re joining, right? Or will you go and disappear like every night? We know you do,” he adds before I try to deny it. I can’t lie to Charlie.

“Uh, I dunno, I’m not a fan of Harry Potter,” Niall says and I immediately pull away, judging him as my other friends gasp and Harry shakes his head.

“How can you be with that, Ella?” Charlie asks, dramatising.

Well, it seems that Niall lost his category as human being, now Charlie calls him a that.

“I’m sorry but I’m not a good reader,” Niall tries again, only making it worse.

“We’ll turn you into one,” Olivia promises. “That or Ella breaks up with you.” I nod just to support what my friend is saying and Niall raises his eyebrows, as if waiting for me to tell him it’s a joke. But it’s not, this is serious. Or I want him to actually believe it is.