Chapter 41: The Words Left Unsaid

Soundtrack: Say Something - A Great Big World

You must never trust a reaper. I'd known this for a very long time now, and somehow, I still tended to push the thought aside. You never knew that you trusted the wrong person until it was already too late–-until you had no choice but to confront betrayal.

Halos walang ginawang ingay ang pag-angat ng aking ulo mula sa tubig sa gilid ng yate. Wala ring nakapansin maliban sa mga lumulutang na walang buhay na mga katawan ng mga taong kanina ay nakabantay sa mga speedboat. Kung mayroon mang nagpamalas ng pagtutol sa aking paglapit, iyon ay ang mga alon na tila mas lumakas pa na humahampas sa aking katawan tungo sa gilid ng yate.

"So you are the traitor," wika ng pamilyar na tinig mula sa itaas na bahagi ng yate. Walang anumang bakas iyon ng takot o pagkagulat.

"You don't look surprised," wika ng isa pang pamilyar na tinig. I was not into eavesdropping for it merely meant that I was going to hear the things I shouldn't be hearing. It was like feeding my ears with illegal information and violating someone else's privacy. But right now, I let all the ethical thoughts float away from me on the sea and listened to every word they were saying, to every breath they were taking.

"I've always known that there's a traitor. Why would I be surprised now?" Wika ng tinig.

Ilang saglit na katahimikan ang naganap habang pinipilit kong lumangoy nang hindi napapansin tungo sa bahagi ng yate na madali kong maaakyat. Sinikap kong manatili nang matagal sa ilalim ng dagat hanggang sa makita ko ang makapal na lubid na kumukonekta sa yate at sa angkla sa ilalim nito.

"Do you know how easy it is to kill you right now?" Narinig kong sabi ng isa dahilan upang mahigit ko ang aking paghinga. Mabilis kong tinungo ang lubid at maingat na umakyat roon.

"I don't care. I don't f*cking care about everything. Get the firearms, the money, and screw your ass and the other traitors' ass. I don't fucking care anymore," sagot ni Sebastian.

How could he just give up like that? My palm and fingers were burning already due to the friction between my skin and the rope. Why were the things that were supposed to be easy were so difficult right now?

"Well, then, you made the right decision, Sebastian Freniere," wikang muli ng tinig.

That was when I pulled all my strength and hauled myself to the yacht's deck. I immediately attacked the first person that was close to me, incapacitated him, stole his gun and pointed it to the traitor.

"Drop your gun or I'll kill you," matapang kong wika.

Tila hindi nila inaasahan ang aking pagdating. Maging si Sebastian ay halata ang pagkagulat nang makita ako. Subalit hindi naapektuhan ng anumang pagkagulat ang taong tinutukan ko ng baril. Sa halip ay ngumisi siya at sinabing, "You're really fast. I thought it would still take you few more minutes to get here."