Three

Could a scar be like the rings of a tree, reopened with each emotional season?
- Magenta Periwinkle

He was here. Don. Don was here. I did not have it in me to face him. We would be meeting again, I had known that. But this..soon? I was not so sure about that.

I told my co worker Cindy to take his table. She looked at me weird - because, who'd deny a chance to wait on that sexy peice of a man?

She pushed her chest into his face, smiling coquettishly at him as she asked him what he wanted. I watched him throw her a bored look before he said something to her.

Cindy marched back into the kitchen. "He says he wants you."

I gulped, then nodded, making my way to him as I counted all my last wishes.

"Hello, sir, what can I bring you?" I asked politely.

"Bella," Don smirked up at me, "I was just here to see you."

"What do you want?"

"What have I told you about talking to me like that, cara mia?"

"Sorry." I muttered. "How can I help you, Don?"

"I want you." He stated simply. "Finish your shift, I'll stay here and wait for you."

I shook my head. "Why are you building suspence? Can't you just kill me already?"

He chuckled darkly. "I'm not going to kill you, tesoro. Not yet, anyway."

(Darling. Literally - treasure)

"Now," He leaned back in his chair, "I'd like some coffee. Black."

I rushed to get his order, while ignoring Cindy giving me the evil eye.

I placed a steaming mug of coffee before him. "What else can I get you, Don?"

"Nothing." He said, "And its Mariano."

"Huh?"

"Mariano. My name is Mariano, Isabelle."

I shivered. The way my name rolled off of his tounge was a sin. Oh God.

"Your name isn't Don?" I asked stupidly.

He laughed. "No, Bella. My name is Mariano."

"Okay, Mariano."

His gaze didn't leave me as I walked around the café, waiting on the few tables I had been assigned. He didn't touch his coffee. It was probably too less for his taste. He probably had his coffee imported from Africa. I breathed deeply, wishing for strength, and walked back to his table.

"Can I get you anything, Mariano?" I asked.

His eyes blazed. "It seems like maybe your lips were made to say my name.
Non vedo l'ora di averti lamenti troppo . Just the tab, Bella." He said lowly.

(I cannot wait to have you moaning it too.)

I nodded. "You haven't touched your coffee."

"I'd rather touch you."

I rolled my eyes. "My shift is done. I'll be back."

He nodded curtly. "Be quick."

I hated, absolutely hated that he was treating me like his personal maid. But what could I do? He had a gun.

Candy winked at me when I told her that I was leaving. "Have a nice fuck." She said.

I laughed.