51. The Luna's Shadow

UNCONDITIONALLY NOW HAS A FACEBOOK FAN PAGE CALLED 'UNCONDITIONALLY SERIES'. PLEASE DO LIKE THE PAGE, IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME!

Dedicated to Sanchitha02 for your never-ending support and incredible encouragement. You're amazing hon!

A huge shoutout kanchidevi for all the overwhelming support you have been showing me. You're awesome!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

For a brief moment, no one moved, no one blinked, no one even breathed, as utter and unfathomable shock blew our minds like a gargantuan explosion.

"I CAN MINDLINK KARINA!"

As time moved in slow motion, Rino's words kept echoing in my head and I didn't know what to be more baffled about- the fact that he could mindlink my sister, or the fact that he had just said her name right!

But when that brief moment finally ended, all hell broke loose in the room.

Rino's glowing eyes met my wide incredulous ones and he emitted a joyous cry, the tension and urgency immediately disappearing from his now lit up face.

"Oh my God! ANNA!" he cried out as he flew towards me in a flash and before either I could even blink he threw his arms around me hugged me tightly.

"ANNA! YOU'RE AWAKE! THANK GOODNESS, I'M SO HAPPY!" he shouted ecstatically, moving me to and fro.

His pure emotions of untainted joy washed over me like a fresh stream and despite the pressing situation we were in, I couldn't help but feel happy.

I'm so glad to see you Rino

Apparently that statement only applied to me because the very next moment I heard several sharp intakes of breath and one irritated growl.

"RINOOOO!" I heard everyone else shout in unison, their voices ranging from anxious to angry, and as expected, the very next second I was yanked out of his death grip and into Zuerien's.

"RINO-"

"WOLFA! SHE'S BACK!" Rino cut Zuerien off and attempted to jump on him next, but Zuerien grabbed him by the shoulders before he could do so. He looked into Rino's eyes and frowned.

"What the hell..." Zuerien breathed out, taking in the bright blue glowing ring around Rino's brown corneas with incomprehension, before quickly regaining focus.

"KARINA!" he said, shaking the gleeful wizard, "You said you can mindlink Karina!"

Rino's face went from delighted to dazed shocked in no time, "Oh yeah!" he cried out, his features twisting in shock, "I can mindlink Karina! I can hear her in my head!"

Oh my God!

My heart rate skyrocketed in anticipation as I clutched my chest, I wasn't the only one!

"Since when?!" Marco shouted at Rino, his features twisted in complete confusion, just like the rest of us.

"Since...like now! Just a few minutes ago!" Rino replied hurriedly, "But her voice keeps appearing and disappearing!"

"Concentrate on it!" Zuerien told him hastily, "Don't let the link break!"

"HOW?!" Rino said rotating uncertainly where he was standing.