18

Eira stayed in her room after school doing homework. She would've got Stefan to help but he didn't want her around so she stayed away. The rain had stopped as she wasn't mad or upset anymore. She couldn't stay mad at her brothers even if she tried.

    It was the evening when Stefan knocked on the door to her bedroom. "Eira, can we talk?"

   Eira thought before sighing,"Come in."

    Stefan entered the room and he frowned when he saw her doing homework by herself. But, that was his fault. "I want to apologize. You're right. I'm not myself," Stefan stated with his hands in his pockets and his face looking glum.

    Eira didn't say anything but the downtrodden expression on his face made her cave. Stefan was her twin brother and she would always forgive him for anything.

    "I forgive you," she got up and hugged Stefan. He immediately wrapped his arms around her because he missed hugging his sister.

  Eira let go and stepped away. Stefan walked over to the papers that were scattered all over her desk. He held up a piece of paper,"Do you need help with this?"

    "Yeah," she wrung her hands. "Its been really hard doing homework without you."

   "Of course it has because I end up doing all of your homework for you," Stefan shook his head.

   "And you're an amazing brother because of it," Eira complimented before slowly stating. "So, are you going to help me, again?"

    Stefan chuckled and patted the seat next to him. "Come here," Stefan started. "But I'm only helping you."

   Eira nodded her head and sat down. Stefan only helped her with homework she didn't know but he eventually caved seeing her pleading fade and just gave her the answers to the rest of the homework questions. Doing homework with his sister, reminded Stefan of his humanity and he had the desire to do good, again. To stop drinking human blood which she didn't know about. But, it was too late. Stefan craved blood like the ripper he was and he wasn't going to stop.

     ___________

     The next day, Eira got up in the morning and all her homework was completed thanks to Stefan. She showered and got dressed and then she met Stefan downstairs where he was waiting for her to go to school.

     Eira found out from Stefan that the Miss Mystic Falls event was going on. He was Elena's escort for the dance they had to do. They got to school and they walked to their first class together.

   At lunch, Stefan and Elena were practicing the dance for Miss Mystic Falls as were all the other contestants. Eira was just sitting at a table and reading, waiting for their practice to be over.

   Stefan and Elena were practicing the dance of the near-touch under the supervision of Mrs. Lockwood. "Honor your partner," she started.

    The girls curtsied and the men bowed as Mrs. Lockwood instructed. "Focus. Right hand around. Flirt with your eyes."

   Stefan and Elena were laughing and squinted their eyes, thinking the dance was weird. "Left hand around."

   "This is ridiculous," Elena stated.

    "Both hands," Mrs. Lockwood continued to instruct.

   "You're only saying that because you don't know how to do it," Stefan stated then looked at Eira. "This dance is overrated now, I had to do it so many times."

   "You did this dance with Eira?" Elena questioned.

    "Eira had signed up for the first Miss Mystic Falls event. She was guaranteed to win as she was known as I guess, the town's sweetheart. Damon and I wouldn't let her get another boy as an escort so she was stuck with me. She had Damon and I practice this dance so many times," Stefan smiled in remembrance.

    "To make practice fun, I kept doing this," Stefan continued and he twirled Elena and dipped her down, making her laugh.

   "No! No! There's no touching during this part. It's about the simple intimacy of the near touch," Mrs. Lockwood scolded them.

    __________

   After Elena and Stefan were done practicing, Eira followed them so they could leave. They all ran into Bonnie and Caroline. Bonnie smiled at Eira and Elena but she didn't even look at Stefan. Elena went with Bonnie so they could talk about whatever problem was obviously going on.

   Stefan, Caroline, and Eira were left alone. Caroline smiled awkwardly and turned to Eira to greet her. "Hey, can you practice the dance with me while we wait for them?"

   "Sure," Eira smiled happy to practice the dance she knew all too well. Stefan smiled at her enthusiasm.

   Caroline and Eira practiced the near-touch dance while Elena and Bonnie talked. Eira gave Caroline pointers on what to do to win since she's done it before. "Make sure you give a slight smile during the dance. They like you to be enthusiastic about it," Eira advised.

   "How do you know so much?" Caroline asked.

   "I've done this dance before," Eira truthfully said.

   Caroline nodded in response. Bonnie and Elena were done talking and Eira said her goodbye to Caroline. "You'll do fine, Care. I hope you win, anyway."

   "You think I'll win over Elena?" Caroline questioned nervously.

   "Of course. Don't ever think someone is better than you, Care," Eira stated.

   "Thanks, Eira," Caroline smiled.

    Eira smiled back and left as Bonnie took her place to practice with Caroline. Eira caught up with Stefan and Elena. Eira went with Stefan to her next class.

    _________

   Once school was over, Eira walked with Stefan to the car. Eira was in a good mood so the sun's rays were shining brightly and there wasn't a cloud in sight. They were near the basketball court when someone fell and scraped their leg causing blood to ooze out.

    Stefan stopped and stared at it. Eira grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Stefan," she called.

   Stefan snapped out of his daze and pulled Eira quickly past the basketball court and to the car. They got in the car and Stefan drove off.

   "Stefan, are you okay?" Eira questioned.

   "I'm fine," Stefan's hands gripped the steering wheel tighter thinking about the blood that was on the guy's leg.

   Eira took one of Stefan's hands off the steering wheel and held it. "It'll be okay, Stefan," she comforted.

   Stefan let her words sink in and he calmed down and stopped thinking about the blood. He just held Eira's hand until they got home.

   Author's Note: I'll have another update today and I can finally finish off this episode.