3 | new ties

ASTORIA REALIZED THAT without Draco, she was lonely

     The band of bullies began taunting her again because her knight in shining armor was nowhere to be seen ever since that lovely stargazing night one week ago. She had loved the night Draco prepared and she wondered if he actually considered her a friend now. She didn't want to be too pushy—

     Astoria you're so picky and pushy! Marry the guy already.

     Astoria blocked out her mother's chant, the memory of the jail cell they called Greengrass Mansion and the charming Richard who promised to wait for her. It was all too much and she felt suffocated in that house and felt like she couldn't breathe.

     She was in deep thought when Keith and Francis suddenly kicked her shin. She yelped in pain and sat down on the cobblestone garden seat. Her boots were buried in the snow and her hair wisped around making her pull it back every twenty seconds or so.

     "Well, look at what we got here!" Francis pulled out his wand and pushed back Astoria's hair. "It's our favorite Greengrass without the Malfoy boy!"

     Keith smirked and waved his wand, sending the books she held closely far away.

     "By the way, where is the Malfoy lad? Scared him away already?" The boys joined in laughter and Astoria remained quiet.

     "Probably, mate. Look how hideous she is!"

     Don't cry, don't let them know that they can hurt you.

     "Quite strange mate! Maybe that Malfoy boy just wanted to be friends with her because he felt pity!"

      Their words mean nothing to you.

     But those words did mean everything to Astoria. From the abuse at school and at home, there was never an end to the abuse. It always amazed her how many times she could tell herself that they didn't matter or to not listen to their words only for her to slowly believe it.

     Suddenly she was thrust in the air and she was frantic as the two boys below laughed at her.

     "You ought to leave her there for a few hours!" Keith suggested to his friend.

     Francis nodded, grinning, "Hope you freeze!" Astoria looked down at the Gryffindors who just left her without her boots and her green and gray scarf was rested on the snow below here. The wind picked up and she found herself freezing as she stood up in the air and could put her back down, her wand in her boots.

     And in a long time she let a tear roll down her eye, breaking her promise to never let her bullies take her tears.

~

     DRACO AWKWARDLY SAT close to his father and Voldemort as they were discussing plans to find Harry Potter.

     The boy who lived hadn't been seen in a while and Voldemort had a feeling that they were in London at the old Dursley home. It still struck Draco hard that Voldemort could sense Harry Potter and ever so often he could hear him mutter "sword" or "necklace".