Challenge...Failed

"Do you or do you not want your brother's approval?" I asked as I dragged him around with me through the retail store and down the aisle of where the sell what I'm looking for. AJ sighed exasperated with a deep scowl on his face. "I do but...It's Ryder, Scar. It's impossible for him to trust me," he grabbed a small carton then shoved it back in its place. "If he finds out I'm even here with you he'll jump my ass for sure."

I numbly nodded and pulled off the small box from the shelf. I skimmed through it and then turned to stare up at him as he was leaning against the shelves full of girl product. His expression was all over the place. I smiled and put the box back and picked up another. "You've changed over the years, AJ. Both of us. If Ryder can't accept you then I won't accept him either."

"You're not serious."

"Dead serious," I mumbled as I snatched four boxes and headed out of the aisle. I went to pay for my stuff and waited for the cashier to finish with the person ahead of us.

"Why are you..." AJ picked up the box and looked it over.

I grabbed it and threw it back on the conveyor belt. I whirled around and glared up at him as my slight anger came back. "Because your dumb brother smashed up all of my birth control pills and ordered our family doctor not to prescribe me any more after the party."

He raised a brow. "So you're angry because.....?"

I took a huff and turned back around. "Because we're not married yet, AJ. There's a difference between having intercourse before marriage and having kids before marriage. Having kids is a real commitment. Ryder might say he's committed but I wouldn't know for sure. I mean I wouldn't mind its just that it's a big responsibility and a much bigger step for the both of us. And I know we both love each other and all but there's just something there that tells me something different."

After the cashier scanned my stuff and gave me the amount, I swiped my card and dialed in my pin. "Are you also saying that Ryder might not even love you after finding out?"

I grabbed my bag. "Yes. No. I don't know." And headed for the bathroom. I ripped all of it open and did my tests. I waited nervously and waited for all of them to tell me the future. My phone soon goes off startling me out of my own little world. I took it out and stared down at the ID. I let out a few calm breaths then answered it as calmly as I could. "Hey," I sweetly greeted.

"Why aren't you home yet?" He growled.

I held back a smile and looked down at the tests. "Why? Did you need me for something?" I asked innocently making him grunt.

"Get your fucking ass home, now," he demands which all it does is make me chuckle.

"Or what?" I challenged.

It was silent for a moment until he spoke in a low dangerous tone. "Challenge accepted." And then the line went dead. I stared down at my phone in disbelief then back down to the my tests that got my heart jumping. I threw it all in my bag and got myself out of the bathroom. "Well?" AJ asks.

"Well..." I swallowed hard. "I'll let you know when the tests finishes. Let's go on home."

AJ was stoked and obviously couldn't hide it. He jumped out the car and quickly came over to mine as I shoved him away playfully. "AJ!" I gritted as he grinned.

"Well, we can't have our princess doing any more hard work now can we?" He asks happily as I stared up at him in disbelief.

"Opening the door is hard work?!" I quietly exclaimed walking away.

AJ chuckled and closed the door then stopped dead when he turned around. Just as I turned, I bumped into someone and nearly lost my balance. He glared down at me as I smiled. "Hi," I breathed out. "I had thought you went to a meeting or something."

He slowly licked his lips which got my legs clenching together. Ryder then rubbed his stubbed jaw in the most god awful sexiest way that I couldn't even describe it. I snapped my eyes up to meet his most mischievous ones and bit my lip. His eyes moved down to my lips. "I was just going to go actually," he finally answers. "But I thought I'd give you your punishment first for disobeying me."

Ryder then hoists me over his shoulder and starts walking away when AJ speaks out. "Careful with her Bigfoot! She's-"

"AJ!" I growled making Ryder spin is around.

"She's what?" He asked in a dangerous tone. I lifted myself up to look over to AJ who looked between the two of us.

"She's a woman? Duh?" AJ says then walks back into his car. Giving me a wave he gets in and drives off. I sighed in relief until Ryder slaps me harshly on the butt. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"I'll tell you once we get to our room," he grits out and walks quickly up to our room, skipping two steps at a time considering his damn long legs. I gripped his jacket and pushed myself up. "Ryder! I'm going to fall!" Passing by Landon I called out for help. "Landon! Help me!"

Landon all but rolled his eyes. "Ryder! Bro! Dad's waiting for us with our supplier. You know how they get when they have to wait for us."

"If they're desperate, they'll wait," Ryder says loudly then slams the door with his feet. He throws me on the bed as I go down with a yell, dropping the bag. Ryder locks the door as my heart speeds up. I quickly roll off the bed and try to get it but Ryder got it before I could. "What's this?" He asks as he reaches in and grabs out the tests. He froze when he saw what it was.

I harshly bit down on my bottom lip to suppress my anger. I was really hoping I'd surprise him another way instead of him seeing it this way. I crossed my arms and turned away from him as tears start to form. "What the hell is this?" He asks in a hoarse tone. I kept quiet and wiped away the angry tears.

Loud banging on the door shook the hinges. "Ryder! Come on bro!"

Ryder had walked up to me and turned me back around. "Is this true?" He asks as he shows me the tests. I kept my eyes casted elsewhere but him. Ryder wrapped his arm around me and pressed me flush against his body. He wiped my tears with the back of his fingers. "Awe babe, why are you crying? I'm sorry," he apologizes.

I pushed him away and was about to punch him in the stomach when he had caught my hand and pulled me back into his embrace. "I cannot believe you did that!" I angrily yelled at him. "I wanted to surprise you you idiot!" I continued to fight him but he all but held me tightly. I hugged and puffed and gave in to him.

Ryder chuckles and pulls away to cup my face. "I love you baby," he says as he leans in to kiss me. "Thank you for this greatest gift." More banging made him growl. He harshly kisses me one last time and pecks my lips while backing away. "I've got to go. I love all of you Scarlett. I'll try to come back early to spend some time with you. That's a promise." He presses himself against me once more making me moan and relax into him.

"I love you, my love," he whispers.

"I love you too."