040

a/n can i have pity likes n comments cause i go back go school tomorrow?

   "Why are we sitting in a fancy building?" Nia commented, sliding across Michael, Calum, and Luke's legs. The three lads had been whispering softly, though Luke had his head against Michael's pale neck. Though Luke looked like a sleeping, hungover teenager, Mikey's lip-bite and facial expression made it somewhat obvious the blonde was not sleeping.

   "Five minutes," Calum responded, patting Luke's shoulder fondly.

   Meanwhile, Ashton was sketching, adding the finishing details to the pencilled sketch, that'd turned into one of Calum, Michael, and Luke. They'd been waiting for a long time. The graphite-boys were split down the middle with an invisible line. On one side they had faint smiles and fond eyes, clad in cozy hoodies, as if prepared for a day lounging with friends. On the other, they were sketched in red. They were scowling, and all three seemed to be fighting to reach something off of the page.

   "That's beautiful," Bryana whispered, though she couldn't see the core meaning of the image. Ashton covered the sketch quickly, blushing self-consciously and murmuring his thanks.

   "Ashton Irwin," a clipboard-wielding woman in a pantsuit spoke, pursing her lipsticked mouth primly. The group of teenagers stood, receiving a squinting look of distaste from the lady. They didn't at all fit in, with their dyed hair and torn clothes, Rena's black lipstick and Luke's lip piercing. "This way," the uptight woman said, looking as if she'd just scarfed down a basket of lemons. "Just in here."

   Michael lead the way, with Luke and Calum hanging off of him. Ashton was biting his lower lip nervously, hand clasped in Nia's for comfort. They entered the fancy meeting room, lined with a prim woman sat at a table that dominated the room, and a familiar man at the head of it. He wore a suit, and had short white hair; smile lines were worn into his face, and a smartphone took up all the space in his shirt pocket.

   Ashton's jaw dropped. "Y- you—you're—he's—" the brunette stammered, tugging violently at the pink rope he still kept tied around his wrist.

"Ashton?" the man questioned, wondering if the young teenager really was the Ashton Irwin he'd been hearing about.

"That's him," Michael grinned, reaching for the mentioned boy to come join him. Ashton walked unsurely, graphite and charcoal stained fingers yanking absentmindedly at his bracelet, Nia by his side.

"Hey, Ashton. I'm Rick," the older man introduced. "Rick Riordan." Ashton waved, his voice torn away by the utter excitement of meeting the best author ever, in his opinion. "These guys have been sending me examples of your artwork," he started.

"You have the chance to do some of the artwork for his upcoming book," the seated woman added, smiling slightly. Ashton covered his mouth with his slender hands immediately, squeaking softly around a gasp. "We wanted to involve some of the up and coming artists. We'll do a few sketches to make sure you're up for it, sign a couple forms, and agree on your share of the money," the woman continued, straightening a stack of papers in front of her. Ashton's mouth opened slightly at the mention of money, amazed he could get paid for working with someone he idolised.

The seventeen-year-old leaned against Michael's side, the older lad wrapping an arm around him, emerald eyes sparkling. Suddenly, Ashton winced harshly. He rolled up his sleeve, revealing the gross burn marring his arm. "Ow," he whispered, clapping a cupped over the injury, hiding it from Rick and his companion, without touching the sore skin.

"I'll get you a bandage," the woman said, clicking out of the room. Rick Riordan exited after her; whilst he loved meeting people, the man had a book to write. Whilst Ashton gripped his arm, Michael, Calum and Luke wrapped him in a hug. He didn't even consider pulling away.

The sun was shining brightly, and whilst he still had a few destructive whirlwinds in his future—the people at school and his home problems—the sun was brightly shining and he had the stars to help him.

THE END

a/n there's still the epilogue but other than that!!! that's the end!!! yay??!! lyl and tank you for sticking around until now! i'll stop with the exclamation points now ok bye<3