20 -1x20

It had been a couple of days since Damon locked Stefan in a cell in the basement. She resented the fact that he put him in there but after a couple days, she understood it. Stefan was a danger to himself and to others.

    In those couple of days, she went to school regularly. Eira hung out with Caroline the most. Eira just got along with Caroline the best. As for Elena, she had been staying at the Salvatore residence since Stefan was locked up. Eira avoided her at all costs.

   Eira disliked Elena. She was civil towards Elena because Eira was taught to be polite but she couldn't stand being around her. Elena was supposed to pick one brother and stick with them but she had Damon falling for her every word. Eira couldn't just stand by and watch.

   After school that day, she walked home. When she got there, Damon was on the phone with somebody. But, then he talked to Elena. Once Damon was off the phone, she asked him what it was about.

   "I'm going out with the history teacher," Damon explained.

   "Alaric? Is he your friend?" Eira questioned.

   "I don't have friends unless nosy little sisters count," Damon stated.

   "I'm not nosy. I just like to be informed. There is a difference," Eira explained.

   "Uh, huh," Damon just nodded, teasing. "Whatever you say."

   Eira just huffed. "And Elena's coming over, of course. She can't be away from her one true love," Damon exaggerated with a little bit of sadness in his eyes.

   Anger flared in Eira because of Elena, again. But, then she sighed. All this anger wasn't good for her. She needed to be rid of it. But, she knew deep down that wouldn't ever be possible.

   "Ok, that's fine," Eira stated. "Don't be out too late, though."

   "What are you? My mother?" Damon questioned, teasing.

     "I do sound like a mother, don't I?" Eira panicked. "Ok, um.... stay out as long as you would like. There, I fixed it."

   Damon chuckled at her and Eira just huffed and sat down on the couch, starting her homework. Eira felt like it was torture doing homework without Stefan.

   ___________

     Once Elena got here, she went down to see Stefan but she came back up and looked kind of shocked and worried. She sat down on the seat across from Eira. Elena explained that Stefan said he didn't want to survive and that he was going to starve himself.

   "You know he's just being dramatic. He's not gonna starve himself," Damon said to calm Elena down.

   "Why would he say that?" Elena questioned.

    "He feels bad about hurting that girl. It's a very typical Stefan martyr stuff. It will pass," Damon explained.

   "Will it?" Elena questioned. "Because he seemed to be in a lot of pain."

   "Yeah. Well, that will pass, too, once he eats," Damon explained.

      Eira tuned out of the conversation. She just did her homework while watching their interaction with each other. Damon was about to leave when he came over to Eira and kissed the top of her head.

   "I won't stay out too late," he teased and smirked.

   "Damon...," she shook her head and crossed her arms.

      Elena was smiling at their interaction while Damon left. When Damon did leave and Eira was sure that he did, she pushed her homework aside and walked closer to Elena. She grabbed Elena's arm and dragged Elena with her to the kitchen where Eira let go of Elena. Eira turned on the water in the sink so Stefan couldn't hear.