possession of a mobster

The sound of the calming waves and whistling of trees leaves always made me feel at peace. I wish I could go back to the time when I was 12 and all the kids in the village came down in the night and we would set up our blankets and have a barbeque here in the river.

Now eight years later its rare when you see someone here in the river to have "fun", people just come to wash their clothes and leave.

Since the old mobster died his son Eduardo Millas took over about 6 years ago and everything has been downhill from there. Many are scared to go out in the day much less go out in the night. He lives on top of the biggest hill in town in a humongous mansion about 2 miles away from the river.

Even though they cause havoic and destruction it doesn't stop youngsters trying to join the Millas or girls flaunting themselves at the group members. I never really seen or met Eduardo Millas but I have heard stories of how handsome he is .

''Violet! hurry up, its gonna get dark we need to get home ahorita! (right now)", my friend Corie yelled hiking up her skirt grabbing her clothes of laundry that we had finished washing in the river.

I sighed knowing there is absolutely no point in arguing with her. I stood up and dusted my dress off.

"Cori don't you wish we could camp out with Diego and our other friends again?" I asked grabbing some bags helping her out.

"Pshhh were not 12, Violet were 20 and Diego's 21 .I doubt he is gonna wanna come and hang out with us just like every body else who already have kids of their own." she said sadly

"Yeah... I guess your right" I said looking down.

Out of no were she stops and sits down on a rock and pats the seat next to her and I sit down next to her putting the basket of clothes on the ground.

"Come to think of it Diego wouldn't mind at all if he knew you were going to be there", she said rubbing her shoulder against mine smiling."Also , you know that my grandma has bin pestering both of us to get married and we both know that Diego is more than interested in being just your friend"

Not this again

"That is so not true , you and Diego are my closest friends that I have , and I would never think of him like that"

"If you say so Amiga (friend) " she says "I just wish He would love me or at least notice me'for me." she whispered woefully .this was a shock to me Cori was beautiful. she had flawless skin with soft brown hair and beautiful chocolate brown eyes. I had lost count on how many guys had asked for hand in marriage. She had never talked to me about guys and often I had woken up to her bed being empty so I was determined to get more out of her even though it was getting dark.

"And who would this be? "I ask her tentatively

She looks at me for a very long moment studying me. I guess trying to figure out to tell me or not. Why is she acting so secretive?

"Eduardo Millas", she whispered looking away from me. What?! I was in shock. The mobster ,the man who's family kills innocent people. The man who's family killed her parents and my parents. Who ruined our life's.

"Vio say something porfas (please)", she begged

"NO! N-NO I don't believe you!," I stand up backing away from her hugging myself tears are already starting to blurr my vision " Al- all those times we talked about the girls being stupid trying to get his attention you were trying to do the same! Knowing that he ruined our life .He's the reason why our parents our not here with us!! " I screamed walking away , having heard enough.

"Don't you think I know that! But I love him, he's the reason why I am here and not running away to the Americas!! Violet he's beautiful! Imagine if I become his wife ,we won't live in fear no more we will be rich like royalty, and he will stop terrorizing the city and everybody else because el me va amar ( he will love me).", she said following me as I opened the door to our house,and went inside the living room to pace.

" Beautiful? How do you know he will love you huh?" I said standing in front her."As far as I know you never met him before!" I yelled.

"That's what you know my dearest Violet ", she said with a smug look looking away twirling her hair with her index finger.

"What are you saying?" I ask suspiciously.

"While you were here sleeping I snuck out to go see him at that club, hoping to get a glimpse of him,in fact one of his men told me Eduardo wanted me to go to his private bedroom. I waited forever until a different guy showed up and told me Eduardo had left with another girl! I was so mad that one thing led to another.." she said reaching inside a bookshelf and pulling out a phone. "And I got Eduardo's phone that he left behind."

"What are you stupid or something, they ha--", I stopped mid sentence when I hear burning tires coming towards our pathway.

"Cielo que esta pasando (honey what's happening)?," Cori's grandma asked coming out from her room.8

From the window we see 5 trucks stopping 40 feet from our little house, with men in the back carrying rifle and guns,and scrambling to get out running away from the truck and running towards us, as if they are from the military but for us who know that sign on their shirts we know better...

Its Eduardo's Millas men and they are ready to kill...