Chapter 23 - Attacked

I know my last chapter and this one aren't very good but I am trying my best to work through my writers block!! :/ hope you enjoy anyways:)

CARSON POV

I stopped once outside and inhaled the cold air in my lungs, trying to sooth my worry and my wolfs fear and anxiety. I examined the surrounding area of my house, nothing moved in the morning light, it was to cold and most animals were either south for the winter or burrowed down to keep warm till later in the day. Satisfied no threats lurked near I turned my attention to the house behind me. My eyes strayed to the bedroom window where I knew my mate was, leaving her is harder then anything I have ever done. Even if it is just for the day, it makes it even harder since I can smell her heat from here.

Before I lost my control I moved quickly through the snow, walking to school would give me time to cool off and collect my thoughts. I haven't thought to much into Alpha stuff over the past week. Wow, it's only been a week since I marked Harmony as mine. A short seven days and I already can't sleep without her or function unless she is around. I kicked snow under my boot as my brain began to run through the past events of the week. Harmony was in heat at and would stay so until we did something about it, but she wasn't ready, hell I don't think I was ready.

Granted I am no good boy, I've been with girls before, but not like this. Not withy mate, I was honestly quiet nervous, the thought alone made me laugh out  loud at myself. Two months ago I would of rolled with laughter if someone told me I'd be in this situation. Shaking my head I focused on the threat at hand, someone or something was stalking Harmony. After that day at school she had been so shaken after her adrenaline died down that she cried, she told me she knew the scent, it had been the same one that was stalking her every time before. A growl vibrated my throat and slipped through my lips causing stream of smoke with my hot breath hit the frozen air.

HARMONY POV

I watched Carson until he disappeared down the hill from the house. My heart longed for him, I hated to be separated from him. But I couldn't be around him, not right now, my heat was in full force, my skin felt as if it was melting and anytime Carson was around I acted like a complete fool. Just this morning I had jumped him as soon as he came out of the shower but he stopped us, I don't know how because his eyes... His eyes were black with hunger and desire. Thinking about the look in them made me shiver, STOP IT! I snapped at myself knowing try don't take much to get my wolf or me riled up and wanting to hunt him down and ravish him like the animals we are.

Quickly I took a cold shower to cool down my skin, but it was only momentary. I found myself by the window again looking down and across the snow covered ground. My wolf howled to get loose, to run in the snow to sooth the heat built up inside us. 'Carson said we shouldn't leave the house, it's not safe.' I told her, though I didn't sound convincing myself. 'I don't care what he says, he don't have to deal with this! Being uncomfortable in your own skin, he will GET. OVER. IT!!'

I shut off the conversation, never has my wolf talked negative about our mate or his decisions, she must be feeling the effects of heat. A groaned thinking of how mad Carson was going to be at me but didn't think about it again as I stripped out of my clothes and opened the window. The cold air hit my hot cheeks like fresh water for someone in the desert. I closed my mind and allowed my wolf to take form, quickly we flew out the window and landed on four paws. A wolffish grin which probably looked more like a snarl then a grin pulled my lips back exposing my fangs. I didn't care I was free and the snow was doing wonders for my over heated body.

UNKOWN POV

I watched her strip to nothing through the window, my tongue literally almost rolled out of my mouth, that on top of the smell of her heat was more then I bargained for. I waited patiently using all the control I could muster to sit put and wait for her to move away from the safety of the house. Granted no one else was home, I didn't miss the two guards that were making rounds for her protection. Apparently neither did she, I watched as she slunk behind a car in the drive and waited for a clear shot.

Once the guards moved she sprinted out of the yard and into the trees about 25 yards from me. I lifted body slightly to stalk her but stopped immediately when a snarl came from her direction. No way she seen me, heard me or smelled me, not with the spray I used to cover my scent but sure enough she was looking right in my direction, I guess her wolf sensed my presence. 'Your smarter then I thought girl, this might be fun after all.' I grinned inwardly realizing she was going to give me a challenge, but not now, once she was further from safety and away from her mates pack.

HARMONY POV

I stopped after my dash to the trees to make sure I wasn't seen. My relief was short lived, my hair stood on edge and a low warning growl came option deep in my throat. I didn't see anyone but my wolf told me to be careful something was wrong. Shaking it off I made my way through the snow and winter air, loving the way it bristled my hair and soothed the heat boiling within me. Well for the most part, but I've already decided only Carson could completely make it go away.

The thought of Carson made me want to whine, I wanted to see my mate. Now that the heat wasn't threatening to I take over my body I felt more relaxed. Stopping for a moment I had an inner debate if I should go home or go for a quick run. The thought of being trapped in our bedroom with his scent overwhelming all my senses made me shake it off and choose the run. Picking my pace up to a light jog I moved across the frozen land, enjoying the solitude, the peace and quiet.

'Its to quiet' my wolf whispered, her senses suddenly in I high alert, I let her take over as my head lifted and sniffed the air. Nothing moved, which wasn't completely unnatural seeing as it was freezing temperature, but not even a bird or rabbit moved around us. Nothing. My hair started to bristle and my lips pulled back slightly exposing my teeth. Something was out there, something that wasn't prey but another predator like me.

A snap behind me caused my head to spin around and my body to lower into a defensive crouch. 'Snap' to my left made my swing in that direction. 'Its toying with us, Harmony pay attention, we are not prey, focus.' I mentally nodded agreement with my wolf, I was not weak nor prey I relaxed and focused on my surroundings..'swish swish...crunch." Something moving through the snow, something heavy with hair. Fear crept up my spine and my teeth bared more causing another snarl to rip from my upturned lips.

'Must tell Carson, focus Harmony, focus on Carson.' I did as she said, I bundled up my fear, my worry and anger from being toyed with and focused on my mate, though we couldn't talk he could feel me like I could him when his emotions were strong. 'Carson' I whispered in my mind. Before I could focus on my up surroundings again a grey wolf leapt from the trees with its teeth bared, charging straight for me.

CARSON POV

Staring at the clock I fidgeted in my seat, it was only first period but it had felt like ages since I seen my beautiful mate. I tried to tell myself and my wolf to pretend she was in her first period waiting for the bell to ring like me, but it didn't help much. I began to chew on the end of my pencil and opened up my mind link to talk to Mike and Keith maybe they could keep my mind off my mate.

Five minutes before the bell rang for second period me, Mike and Keith were in  a heated discussion about what car was faster and what one was more of a chick magnet when a sudden fear hit me hard in my stomach. My eyes darted around, I felt like someone was stalking me, fear, worry and anger welled inside me. I gripped the desk tight to keep from growling when my wolf broke through, 'our mate, our mates in trouble, move move!' He had me at our mate.

I lunged for the door and sent a quick message to Mike and Keith, 'something's wrong, something's wrong with Harmony!' I know I sounded desperate and scared but I didn't care. I ran down the hall way like fire was at my feet. By the time I burst through the he double doors Mike and Keith were at my side. We didn't exchange a word as we ran for the tree line, jumping and shifting in midair. The three of us ran like the hounds of hell.

'Whats going on, what's wrong with Harmony?' It was Keith, I couldn't respond I had turned total control over to my wolf, his mate was in danger and he wasn't having none of it. I noticed Mike didn't respond for a moment his eyes swirled between black and gold, his wolf also caught for control. 'I don't know, but I feel it to, something's not right.'

That was all that was said as we ran through the woods in search of my mate and their future luna.

Comment vote and enjoy :) this chapter helped me break my block :) so happy I'm working on another chapter for tonight!! >>>>>>>>picture of the boys running to find Harmony