Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Sam

Today is the day that Xander's brother is arriving. I went grocery shopping this morning and spent almost all day preparing food. It was now three thirty in the afternoon and I just finished making a Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cake for dessert.

I clapped my hands in excitement and gave myself a mental pat on the back for the good work I've done. Now that the food is out of the way, it's time to get myself ready.

I made my way upstairs and into mine and Xander's bedroom to get some clothes before heading into the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the shower, closing my eyes and sighing as the hot water ran down my body. I opened my eyes and poured some shampoo on my hand before scrubbing my hair.

As I was cleaning my body, I heard the door of the bathroom open making my eyes widen in shock. I looked at the direction of the door to find Xander standing there.

His eyes roaming over my entire body making me squirm slightly under his watchful eyes. He started taking his clothes off, his eyes still eying my body as if I was a piece of meat and he was a starving animal.

He shook off his clothes and started making his way to the shower, his eyes never leaving mine. He opened the shower door and stepped inside before wrapping his arms around my waist. He dipped down and pressed his lips against mine. His muscular frame is covering my small one. He pressed me against the cold tiles before dipping his head and kissing my neck, and my body. Let's just say that it took me longer to shower than planned.

*-*-*-*

It was now six in the evening. Xander's brother arrived an hour ago, and he had to wait for an hour because of my and Xander's activity in the bathroom.

I dress in a black dress with a belt by my waist area and a pair of black flats to go with it. I curled my hair and put some lip balm before checking myself in the mirror. When I was done, I walked out of the bedroom and went to the dining room where Xander and his brother are waiting.

Xander's head snapped in my direction when he heard me coming down the stairs. I made my way to his side and looked at the man in front of us.

He's the same height as Xander, about 6'5, a muscular form, and an intimidating aura that suits an Alpha. They practically look the same except Xander has blue eyes, and his brother has green.

"Alpha," I greeted the unknown man.

He gave me a small smile and gave me his right hand to shake.

"My name is Lucas Woods, and I'm Xander's brother." Alpha Lucas greeted with a strained smile on his face.

"Now that introductions have been done, why don't we have a seat and have dinner?" Xander suggested before taking my hand in his and dragging me to the dining table.

"Sure, why not? I am kind of hungry," Alpha Lucas said before taking a seat across his brother.

"Oh, and you look lovely Samantha," Alpha Lucas said, giving me a grin before taking a steak and mash potatoes.

I blushed and looked down.

"T-thank you, Alpha," I told him feeling slightly embarrassed.

I heard Xander let out a growl making me look at him. He was glaring at his brother and was squeezing the life out of the fork he was holding with a scowl on his face.

Alpha Lucas chuckled and shook his head.

"Calm down little bro. I already have a mate back in my pack, so no need to get possessive." Alpha Lucas said, still chuckling.

I saw Xander pout slightly before filling his plate with the food.

"Well, I'm sorry. I can't help but be all possessive when another man is looking at my beautiful mate," Xander said, giving me a wink before taking a bite of his food. I blushed and looked away before taking some food as well.

"Now, let's talk about the upcoming war, shall we?" Alpha Lucas said. All signs of playfulness have vanished and were replaced with a serious look on his face.

"Why don't we have dinner first and then we can discuss all the plan in my office?" Xander suggested, taking a glance at me before turning his attention back to his brother.

Alpha Lucas looked at me for a few seconds before looking back at Xander.

"Sure," he said before continuing to eat his food.

"So, what have you guys been up to?" Alpha Lucas asked, giving Xander a suggestive grin. I almost choked on my food when Xander grinned proudly at his brother.

"Oh, nothing much," Xander said, giving me a wink before continuing to converse with his brother.

I kept my head down, too embarrassed to continue eating again.

"Sam, eat your food. I don't want you going to bed with an empty stomach." Xander's firm voice shook me out of my reverie. I looked up and saw him looking at me with a stern expression on his face. I grabbed my fork and ate my food in silence.

"Well, would you look at that. When did you become such a loving and caring mate, Xander?" Alpha Lucas asked in a joking tone.

Xander grinned at his brother.

"Since my mate entered my life," Xander answered in a genuine tone.

"Interesting . . ." Alpha Lucas said with a thoughtful look on his face.

Both Alphas finished eating their food before they made their way to Xander's office.

"Oh, and by the way, thanks for the fantastic dinner, love," Xander said giving me a peck on the lips before going upstairs to his office.

I smiled and cleared up the dining room and cleaned the plates before going upstairs to mine and Xander's bedroom. I went to the walk-in-closet and got some comfortable clothes before going to the bathroom.

I took a short shower, brushed my teeth, and changed into the comfortable clothes before dragging my body into the bed. I feel really exhausted after today, and I wish nothing more than to go to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________