CXXXVI - Ocean

So recently a lot of people have been getting rather annoyed about my update schedule. And yeah, I get it, I should update way more often than I do. But allow me to tell you something.

As much as I would like it to be, writing is not my entire life. I have other things involved in it. Most people understand that, but apparently some do not.

I have school. I have a job. I'm currently volunteering right now. I'm helping my mom to look after my disabled brother just about every day because my dad is working nights. OH. And I forgot. I'M HAVING FUCKING FOOT SURGERY ON FRIDAY.

I do love you readers, but you must understand something: If you are nice and kind and take the time to understand that I don't have the most free time, I think you guys are great. I love you and wish I could be your best friend. But if you're a dick and literally only ever comment to tell me to update more often, then you need to get that I don't owe you shit.

I will not tolerate annoyances. I have enough of that already, thank you very much. So, if you now find that you can't comment or vote on this story, or message me, it's because I've blocked your sorry ass. I would have prevented you from reading it altogether, but unfortunately, Wattpad doesn't provide that feature.

Bye bye.

And enjoy for those of you that I actually like. :)))

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Thirty-Six

"A medallion that could lock us away," Klaus said, a tone of annoyance lingering in his voice. "Hardly seems like a wise strategy for those come to protect us. Hand it over."

"And release Rebekah," Elijah added harshly.

Lucien suddenly looked around the table, a look of confusion coming over him when he realized we were all looking at Aurora.

"Uh, just a tick- Aurora has Rebekah?" he asked, clearly having been completely unaware of this little piece of their plan.

Aurora was offended. "No reason why I shouldn't be trusted with my sire's safety," she argued.

Lucien scoffed. "Of course... Unless you were to have one of your episodes."

Tristan was quick to interrupt and defend his sister. "Easy, Lucien. My sister sought leverage to protect herself. Who among us would do otherwise?"

I saw Elijah grip his fork tighter, and could almost hear the utensil begin to break down and bend. He was losing his patience quickly. He then looked at me for reassurance. "Niklaus, will you politely remind me why we shouldn't just compel them all to give us what we want?"

Aurora suddenly burst into loud laughter, while the other two simply smiled. Klaus sent a clearly fake smile at her, also not seeming to like the discussion they were having.

"Did Elijah say something funny, Aurora?" I asked, my eyes narrowed.

"We lost a century to compulsion. And some of us lost a great deal more. Surely you can't believe we'd allow ourselves to come here vulnerable?" Aurora said.

I had a rather strong desire to remove her pretty little head from her pretty little neck.

Elijah gave Aurora a fake smile in response, mimicking Klaus'. "My dearest Aurora, compulsion is not my only party trick."