Eighteen: Sports Festival Preparations

Taya's PoV 

About two weeks later, Aizawa said he had an announcement for us right before we were dismissed. Apparently it was a pretty big deal.
If you were wondering, Eijirou and I haven't really treated each other any differently since we've gotten together, but I guess you could say we're acting more like an actual couple now. I mean, occasionally we'll hold hands and he'll hug me when he walks me home, but so far that's about it. Not that I'm disappointed or anything.

"A sports festival?!"
Everyone seemed surprised at what Aizawa said. I get that it's different from what we've done before, but haven't they seen it on the tv or something? Dad and I used to watch it while mom was there to scout. Since my mom retired, it's just been her and I watching. Dad usually is on a business trip this time of year.
"Wait, hold up! That sounds like something villains would try to infiltrate. Is this really a good idea?" Satou asks worriedly.
"On the contrary, since we're going ahead with the festival, it means that the school is much more confident in its crisis control now," Aizawa says.
Because of the previous battle with all the villains, Mr. Aizawa has been slowly recovering from all his injuries. He had gotten a few facial fractures so his face was covered in bandages. I'm still curious about how he can speak. As Hakai told me once, he's like a mummy with no enthusiasm and loads of sarcasm.

"Security will be five times larger than usual so there's no need to worry. What you should be thinking about is how huge this chance is to showcase your skills. The festival is a big deal on campus and will not be brought to a halt by the likes of villains," He explains in a somewhat muffled voice. Mineta had been shaking quietly and he raised a trembling hand. I could honesty smell the fear on him.
"But if villains do show up, can we please halt it?" He asks.
"It's an athletics festival man..." Kaminari sighs. "Mineta... Have you never seen the Yuuei sports festival?!" Midoriya asks. "Of course I have! That's not it at all--..." Mineta tries to argue, but Mr. Aizawa continues his explanation.
"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. Back in the day, the Olympics was the hottest national sports festivity, but now it's extent and population have shrunk and has lost a lot of substance. The Yuuei sports festival is what has taken the place of the Olympics in Japan. So you all should understand how big this really is."

Momo nods before speaking up. "The country's top heroes are all sure to be watching us. Which means, we're going to be scouted."
'She's got a point. Before she retired, mom would go to each festival to scout for young, wannabe heroes. She'd come home and tell me all about someone that she had her eye on during the battles. Just hearing all the tales made me wanna be a hero even more.'

"Taya, are you going to work with a pro hero after graduation?" Hakai asks.
"Me? Nah, I'd rather not. I hear being a sidekick is boring. What about you?" I ask. Being a sidekick never really appealed to me. I've wanted to go straight into the field just like my mom.
"I agree. Sidekicks get a lot of meddlesome work, even if it is temporary. Besides, I always have my dad's agency." I nod to show her I understood.

"Remember, time is limited. This is a chance you'll only get once a year for a total of three chances at Yuuei. If you're aiming to be a pro hero, then this is an event you can't overlook!" Aizawa says.

After his announcement, everyone started training themselves. Some trained super hard, spending hours at a time to strengthen themselves, others just took a small bit of each day to train. I spent time getting tips from mom to get some info on the tournament itself. Other times I would do some physical training to strengthen my body by myself. Soon enough, two weeks had passed and the festival was just around the corner. Tomorrow was the big day.

"Bye Deku! I'll see you la--...." Ochaco was the first to leave, but she didn't finish her sentence. Confused, a few people turned to the door to see why. What we see is the doorway completely blocked by people taking notes and pictures.
"What the heck?!"
"They're crowding the exit! What are they here for?!" Mineta asks. "They're scoping out the competition, retard," Bakugou says walking up to the door. "They wanna see the gang that came through the villain ambush. They're checking us out before the big battle, asshole."
I cover my mouth when Mineta starts tearing up and pointing at Bakugou.

"Sorry," Midoriya says. "That's just how he is in neutral."
"It's pointless to think you have a chance against us. You're blocking the exit so fuck off!" The blond yells.
'Dang!'
"You can't just go saying that to people Katsuki!" Hakai scolds with a flick to the back of his head. Bakugou groans and rubs the spot, but he doesn't move from his spot.
"I came to see what you guys were all about, but I didn't think you'd be this arrogant." A voice says, significantly louder than others.
"AAAAHH?!" Bakugou tilts his head and glares at everyone in front of him. The group splits and a boy with unkempt blue hair steps forward.
"I'm a bit disappointed. So you're all talk, huh? There's a lot of kids who wind up in the general education department or other departments because they failed the heroics one. Did you know that?" This kid was kinda creepy. Just the way he carried himself gave him an unsettling demeanor.
"And based on the results of the sports festival people can be put under review to switch departments. Whether it's to heroics... or vise versa. To scope out the competition, you say? If nothing else, a general ed kid like me is thinking, 'Hey, why don't I try pulling the rug out from those heroics kids while they're on their high horses?' Consider this a declaration of war."
'Well, he knows how to be straight forward..'

"Hey, you! I'm from Class-B!" One guy starts shoving his was closer to us. "I heard you knocked around with villains or whatever so I came to hear it direct! But I don't wanna hear it from some snot-nosed punk! Don't embarrass us during the main event, you here me!!?"
'Bakugou is gonna lose his shit!' I subtly step closer to Eijirou and wait for the fiery boy to explode; pun intended.

Instead of going off on the mob, like the rest of us expected, Bakugou instead held up his hand and showed the other class his middle finger. My eyes widen at his gesture while the mob slowly starts to disperse with grows and scoffs.
"Wait a second man... What did you just do?! Now we've got a bunch of haters!" Eijirou scolds.
"It doesn't matter," Bakugou says calmingly.
"WHAT?!" The class yells.
"None of that matters once you're at the top," He adds.
"Oh, man! There's so much manliness to be had in sheer simplicity." Eijirou says making me roll my eyes.
"Psshh!" I scoff at him.

"He does have a point there," Tokoyami says.
"Don't listen to that dumbass. All he did was make us some new enemies for no reason!" Kaminari shouts.
"Well, I can't completely disagree with him," Hakai mumbled quietly.
"Not you too Odayaka!" Kaminari whines.

After that, the class said their goodbyes and went home. Finally the day of the tournament was here. Get ready, Yuuei! Class 1A is coming!