Wattpad Original
There are 10 more free parts

2

Gabbi opened her eyes to the same familiar room. The same flicker of the fireplace, the same curtains, flowing by the wind like a ghost. The same fact remained—she is still alive. And yet, she felt refreshed, stronger, and healthier than she ever was.

"Dream," she muttered. It was the only explanation that after she jumped, her body shattered and her skull crushed, she's still there. Breathing.

Somebody changed her clothes, still white, but longer and sleeved, no trace of blood nor dirt. Yet, why does her mind scream the other? She should be dead. And if it is a dream, she'd break the fine line between dreams and reality.

It was still dawn, but she wondered if it was still the same dawn in her dreams or if time stopped itself for her. Or it must be a dream within a dream. Dazed yet determined, Gabbi removed the duvet, swung her foot flat on the floor, and walked towards the terrace.

Before she could climb it, a force pulled her and warped her back to bed. Damien pinned her down by the neck. "Why...?" he asked. "Why do you want to die so badly?"

"Not all humans wanted to live."

"You, a human," he repeated, emphasizing the last word with frustration. "Just a human."

On her own, her hand reached for Damien's face. Ah, vampires. How could she forget? They were real, after all. "Why am I alive?"

"I saved you," he said. "A vampire's blood is powerful, you know."

"Why?"

"Because you're mine. Human or whatever, you're mine."

"I see," she replied flatly. "When can I die then?"

"Until I get tired of playing with you."

"When would it be?"

"A few days maybe."

Gabbi nodded, pulled the sleeves of her nightgown down to expose the side of her neck. "Please play with me."

The sooner he'd be bored, the sooner she'd die. She closed her eyes and waited for the pain, then opened them again from his chuckle.

"Ah, I can't abuse my toys," he said, then he let her go and stood. "Come down after you pick any clothes from the closet."

"Please." Gabbi pulled his sleeves. "Play with me more."

"Gabrielle," he called, formal and distant. "Why do you really want me to break you?"

Gabbi pulled her hand back, covered the scar just below the crevice of her neck when Damien settled on it. "That scar..."

"It's nothing."

"I own you. Answer me."

"Chains," she said. "From chains."

"Even dogs can't be chained."

"Well, I was, for years."

His eyes wandered on her body. Gabbi felt naked despite the clothing. "There's more than one wound. Your body? Arms?"

"Whip marks, cuts, anything."

Despite it all, the flaws saved her. One would turn away when they see her. There is no value in a woman with a pretty face but a scarred body. Clients would change their minds after they saw her naked.

"Ah, I would pity you, but it seems vampires don't have the heart to do so."

She didn't need his pity. "If you're bored with me, will you kill me?"

He smiled, all too glad. "My pleasure." He then pointed towards another door. "Choose whatever you like to wear." Then he left after a reminder to go down for breakfast.