CHAPTER 54: THE CULPRIT IS A GHOUL (Part 2)

Chapter 54: The Culprit is a Ghoul
(Part 2 Resolution Chapter)

We did not waste any time. Agad kaming iginiya ni Isabel sa silid kung nasaan ang katawan na natagpuan nila sa bakuran ng bahay ng mga Milano. It was a girl with her heart ripped and was missing. The body was preserved and Isabel supplied us the essential information about the corpse. Ayon dito ay pagkatapos na ng kasal nila balak na i-cremate ang bangkay ng kapamilya.

"That's my cousin Emelyn, 19 years old. She went missing three days ago and then we found her body yesterday, buried on the yard", paliwanag nito. That explains why the body was muddy. May bahagi ng katawan nito na may mga lupa. I don't want to think how the cold ground was when the body was buried.

"Oh, I can't take it", Je said at nag-iwas ng tingin. Emelyn's corpse wasn't pleasant to the sight kaya naiintindihan ko ang reaksyon ni Je. Her chest was opened and as Gray tried to touched its inside with his gloved hand, her organ was really missing.

He looked at Math who was also focusing on the dead body. "Hey, are you sure about this friend of you that you said earlier?"

Lumiwanag ang mukha ni Math at kinuha niya ang kanyang cellphone. "Yup. My cousin Walter can help us, excuse me." She dialled a number and waited for someone to pick it up. We waited for few seconds for someone to pick up the call at hindi naman kami nabigo.

"Kuya Walter! I need your help!", Math said to that someone on the other line.

Pause.

"Please just on this thing?"

Pause.

"Yes, thanks. Aren't you working with a known anthropologist? You know, the one that you told me who went -Yes that guy. You're good friends aren't you? Could you ask him more about cannibalism or existence of ghouls?", bahagya siyang tumahimik at nakinig. "Yes, yes. We found a body with a ripped chest and she's missing her heart. I'll call you back, thank you."

Math faced us and shrugged her shoulders. "He said he'll try his best. He's not sure about a missing heart as some sort of cannibalism. He said ghouls of the legends do feed on human flesh and internal organs but it doesn't mean that this is some sort of cannibalism. It could be some case of human organ trafficking."

"Well I think it is cannibalism", Gray said. He pointed on the body at napatingin kaming lahat doon. A part of her flesh was missing na para bang nilapa iyon ng malaking aso. It was on her shoulders near her neck. There were teeth marks on the side but we're not really sure if those are teeth marks of a human. It could be of dog or any other animals.

"What now? We're not some sort of forensics experts and we cannot identify such teeth marks", wika ko sa kanila. Whatever was the culprit's reason of pulling out Emelyn's heart, only she or she knows it. What I know is that what the culprit did is so inhuman.

"Oh, the man I just called is an expert on that!", wika ni Math at muling kinuha ang kanyang cellphone. She dialled the number again and waited for that someone to answer again.

"Yeah, it's me again. I know you're on your break from your job but could you do me some favor? Favor like identifying whose teeth marks are these that we found?"

Pause.

"Thanks. I'll send the photos to you Kuya Walter and oh, we're out of time by the way. If you can do it in an hour, it will be a big help. Thanks!"

Muli siyang humarap sa amin na may malaking ngiti sa mukha.

"What is this cousin of yours working for Math?", tanong ni Jeremy. I also wonder what does that guy do.